145 N. Centennial Way (4th floor)
Mesa, AZ 85201
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Mon-Thurs: 8:00am-4:00pm, Fri: 8am-2pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Mon-Thu: 8 am – 5 pm
Closed Fri, Sat and Sun
What is an EMT-Basic?
EMT-Basic is the entry-level of pre-hospital emergency medical care provider. EMT-Bs are not trained to provide definitive medical care but instead focus on rapid in-field treatment and transport to higher medical providers. The training is designed to provide the next sequence of skills required to progress upward in the emergency health care field and qualifies the student for state EMT-basic certification sanctioned by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Steps to Register
Ready to Register?
Please review the EMT Enrollment Steps below.
Then fill out the registration form. You must be logged in to your Maricopa student email in order to access the form.
In order to begin enrollment into the EMT Program, students must strictly follow the steps below:
- STEP #1: Create an MEID Account and Apply for admission for Mesa Community College. Follow the outlined Enrollment Steps
- STEP #2: Take a Reading Placement Test: https://www.mesacc.edu/enroll/placement-test
- STEP #3: Review the Spring EMT Schedules, linked below.
- STEP #4: EMT Registration requires department consent. Complete and submit the Registration Form on the right to sign up for EMT.
Program Entry Requirments
Reading Placement Tests
To prove reading comprehension, all prospective EMT students must first one of the two Mesa Community College Reading Comprehension assesments listed bellow:
- EdReady College Reading Assessment with a score of 75 or higher. EdReady Assessments are taken on their website: EdReady Webpage
- Next-Generation Accuplacer Reading Assessment with a score of 249 or higher. Can only be taken at a Testing Center. Testing Services Webpage
- Students who have a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from testing but will need to provide unofficial transcripts at the time of registration.
- Students who have an Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited college are exempt from testing but will need to provide a copy of college transcripts/degree at the time of registration.
Age Requirements & Testing
Students must be 18 years of age before taking the NREMT Exam.
Program Tuition & Cost
|EMT101- BAsic Life Support||
$48.50 - Tuition
$30.00 - Course Fee
|EMT104 - Emergency Medical Technology||
$970.00 - Tuition
$500.00 - Course Fee
|EMT104LL - Emergency Medical Technology Practicum||
$194.00 - Tuition
$135.00 - Course Fee
|EMT104AB - Applied Practical Studies||
$48.50 - Tuition
$75.00 - Course Fee
|MCC Registration Processing Fee||