CCL Firefighter Operations
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
EMT104 requires students to complete additional hours in a competency-based clinical, vehicular, and/or scenario based experience. Depending on the college, this may be completed through EMT104AB or program director-approved rotation.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Firefighter Operations provides the opportunity for individuals seeking employment in various firefighting settings to acquire the minimum standard firefighting skills needed in the field.
Completion of Program Prerequisites.
Formal application and admission to the program is required.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Describe the theory of fire behavior, including types of fires, and explain how building construction relates to firefighting operations.
- Identify and describe the types, functions, and maintenance of firefighting apparatus, and demonstrate the appropriate and safe use of each.
- Identify, describe, and explain fire department operations, including equipment, personnel, and administrative policies.
- Demonstrate the use of proper tools, standard operating procedures, and firefighter skills in a variety of firefighting situations and firefighter tasks.
- Describe the physical requirements for performing basic firefighting tasks.
- Apply skills of mental aspects of performance required in physical agility testing and firefighting.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|EMT101||Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Health Care Providers (0.50)|
|Current validation in Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider/Professional Rescuer (0) OR|
|Permission of Program Director(0) 0-0.50|
|EMT/FSC104||Emergency Medical Technology (9) AND|
|EMT/FSC104AB||Applied Practical Studies for Emergency Medical Technology (0.5)|
|EMT/FSC104||Emergency Medical Technology (9)|
|Arizona State EMT Certification (0) OR|
|Arizona State Paramedic Certification (0) OR|
|Permission of Program Director 0-9.5|
|FSC105||Hazardous Materials/First Responder||3|
|FSC130||Fitness for Firefighters/CPAT (1) OR|
|Verification of CPAT completion (0) OR|
|Permission of Program Director||0-1|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Firefighter Operations (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=125935).