Institutional Learning Outcome: Purposeful development, expression, or reception of a message through oral, written, or non-verbal means.
1. PURPOSE: Establish a clear central focus for a message which demonstrates an understanding of context, audience and task.
2. CONTENT: Develop appropriate, relevant content logically sequencing ideas and information.
3. LANGUAGE: Apply language of a discipline in an appropriate and accurate manner to demonstrate comprehension.
4. EXECUTION: Convey a message effectively.
5. RECEPTION: Utilize appropriate oral, written, or non-verbal means to receive or interpret a message effectively.
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT (CE)
Institutional learning Outcome: Encompasses actions to pro-mote the quality of life in a community, through both political and non-political processes.
1. INCLUSIVENESS: Demonstrate an ability to engage respectfully with others in a diverse society.
2. APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge from one’s own study and experiences to active and ethical participation in civic life.
3. DEMONSTRATION OF CIVIC IDENTITY AND
COMMITMENT: Provide evidence of experience in and reflection on civic engagement activities.
4. CIVIC COMMUNICATION: Communicate and listen to others in order to establish personal and professional relationships to further civic action.
5. ENGAGEMENT IN CIVIC ACTION AND REFLECTION: Demonstrate the ability to deliberate and collaborate on issues and problems to achieve a civic aim.
CRITICAL THINKING (CT)
Institutional Learning Outcome: The mental process of effectively identifying, determining, gathering, evaluating, and utilizing resources to innovate and/or to accomplish a specific task.
1. IDENTIFY ISSUE: Identify and interpret a problem or issue.
2. DETERMINE NEEDS: Determine the
3. GATHER RESOURCES: Gather resources effectively and efficiently.
4. EVALUATE RESOURCES: Evaluate
5. UTILIZE RESOURCES: Utilize resources effectively and creatively to innovate and/or to accomplish a specific task.
6. ASSESS RESULTS: Assess and evaluate
CULTURAL AND GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT (CG)
Institutional learning Outcome: Encompasses the awareness of cultural systems, events, and creations and an ability to apply this cultural and global awareness to human interaction and expression.
1. CULTURAL KNOWLEDGE: Identify cultural systems, events, or creations.
2. GLOBAL INFLUENCES: Identify the global forces that shape culture and subculture.
3. CULTURAL AND GLOBAL SELF AWARENESS: Analyze and explain the impact of culture and experience on one’s world-view and behavior, including stereotypes, assumptions,
biases, and prejudices.
4. CULTURAL AND GLOBAL AWARENESS: Analyze and explain the impact of historical events, perspectives, or cultures on world societies, human interaction and expression, and the natural environment.
5. INCLUSIVENESS: Demonstrate a willingness and ability to engage with other cultures and global societies.
6. CULTURAL EXPRESSION: Generate ideas, creations, or models that express the human condition and our relationship with the world around us.