Definition: Civic engagement encompasses actions to promote the quality of life in the community, through both political and non-political processes.
- Inclusiveness - demonstrate an ability to engage respectfully with others in a diverse society
- Application of knowledge - apply the knowledge of one's own study and experiences to active and ethical participating in civic life.
- Demonstration of civic identity and commitment - provide evidence of experience in and reflection on civic engagement activities
- Civic communication - communicate and list to others in order to establish personal and professional relationships to further civic actions
- Engagement in civic action and reflection- demonstrate the ability to deliberate and collaborate on issues and problems to achieve a civic aim.