Approved Community Partners
The community has lots to offer those who are interested in MCC's Service-Learning. The link below will allow you access to the Service Sites Database so you can learn more.
You must serve at an approved community partner on our database. If you want to serve at a site not on the list, please fill out an "Agency Involvement" packet from the Center for Community & Civic Engagement to work on getting that community member on the MCCCD District approved list. It can take 2 weeks to 2 years to get an agency member approved, so keep that in mind when doing your Service-Learning for the class.
How to Search the Service Sites Database
To select an agency to serve at for your service-learning and/or volunteer experience, visit our online database. Please follow the steps below to find an agency that will meet your needs.
Visit our online agency partner database on our department’s website at www.mesacc.edu/getengaged and select the Service Sites button on the department’s homepage to find the “Access the Service Sites Database” button for the database.
Select the “Guest Account” button to access the online database
From here you will be able to select the Agency Search By Category, Agency Partners or School-Based Partners menu. You can also search available agencies by their name, zip code, city, etc.
- The Agency Search By Category section is a way to search by the Agency name, zip code, possible discipline, etc.
- In Find mode, enter your search criteria and then hit enter. All the agencies fitting the criteria will appear.
- One agency at a time will appear. Utilize the page arrows to move to other listings (located on the upper left-hand side of the screen)
- ***Make sure your agency is marked as available ***
- The Agency Partner section contains nonprofit and government agencies that have completed the necessary partnership paperwork. They are listed in alphabetical order.
- For each agency, you will have the option to “Save this Agency.” Once you have reviewed all sites and selected the ones you want to print, scroll to the bottom and select “Review Records Selected.”
- Not all of the agencies appear on the first page. Utilize the page arrows to move to other listings (located on the upper left-hand side of the screen).
- At the bottom of the page, there is a “Sort by Agency” button that you can select to prepare to print.
- If you decide to add others, you may select the “Add Community Based Agencies” button and it will send you back to the search menu you are in.
- The School-Based Partner section lists the school-based sites by their corresponding school district. Also, there is an alphabetical listing with all the approved schools in case you are not sure which District your preferred school is in.
- Please read the headers (top) of the section you are interested in and follow the placement process for that school district. Requirements may vary.
- Along with each school district header, there are forms, if applicable, per district.
- Within each school district record, the “Return” button allows you to return to the main School-Based Partners search.
- The “Return to Search Menu” allows you to go to the Agency Partners or School-Based Partners menu.
Log off when you have completed your search.
Students MUST serve at an approved site. If you wish to serve at an agency not approved, visit the Center for Community & Civic Engagement for an Agency Involvement Packet.