We provide opportunities for students to discover their potential, develop their confidence, and achieve success.
We believe that education should be accessible and inclusive. It should empower students to take ownership of their education, challenge their ideas, and encourage them to collaborate with their community.
Community: We rise by lifting others.
Equity: We proactively strive to address equity gaps. All equity work will be accessible (free and through multiple modalities), inclusive, and reflective.
Growth: We show up to improve, not to prove.
Whether you are looking to improve your placement, review for a course, or get a jump start on your semester, MCC has a boot camp for you! This year we are excited to offer math, physical science, chemistry, reading/writing and computer science boot camps. Each session is geared towards preparing you for success in your courses and providing you an opportunity to work with faculty, staff, and peers.
Boot camps are offered in various formats including In Person, Live Online, and Hybrid. Choose the format that works for you and your schedule. For more information and to register, please click on the individual links below.
Who should attend: Students who will enroll in CSC 100AB or CSC 110AB.
Who should attend: Students who will enroll in MAT 08x, 09x, 12x, 14x or 15x.
Who should attend: Students who will enroll in AST 111, AST 112, GLG 101, GLG 102, GLG 105, GLG 110 and PHY 101.
Who should attend: Students who want to strengthen and refresh their reading/writing skills or who want to improve their placement scores.
Who should attend: Students interested in learning about success strageties. Workshops vary from study skills to scholarship opportunties.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much do boot camps cost?
- All boot camps are free for MCC students.
- Do I have to register?
- Yes. Registration links can be found on each individual boot camp's webpage. You must have your MEID and password to register.
- Can I sign up and attend more than one boot camp?
- Yes. All the boot camps have multiple sessions with varying times. Feel free to sign up for as many camps as you would like.
- I want to attend, but can't every day. Can I still sign up?
- Yes. While it is ideal to attend the entire boot camp, we understand you might have restrictions to your schedule.
- What should I bring?
- Pencil, pen, calculator (if applicable), water, and a great attitude!