MCC Computer Science Boot Camp
You will need your MEID and password to register
Start your semester on the right foot! Join us this August to explore and learn about various topics in computer science.
August 2-5 from 9:00-11:15am or August 9-12 from 6:00-8:15pm
During this four day boot camp, attendees will:
- Explore how information is stored in a computer.
- Design algorithms to solve problems.
- Implement algorithms using structured programming.
- Learn basic coding in Java and C++.
Get the foundations to kick start your computer science classes, meet faculty, and work with peers who will be in CSC 100AB or CSC110AB. Click here to view our flyer.
Both sessions will be taught online Monday and Tuesday and in person at the Southern and Dobson campus on Wednesday and Thursday.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend the MCC Computer Science Boot Camps?
- Students interested in learning more about Computer Science.
- Any student enrolled in CSC 100AB or CSC 110AB for the upcoming semester.
Do I need a computer to attend?
- While a computer is ideal for this boot camp, all materials are accessible on a smartphone.
- During the coding portion of the boot camp (Wednesday and Thursday), we will be in a computer lab on campus. Thus, no personal computer is required.
- If you do need a laptop to participate, please let us know on your registration form.
Do I need to attend all four days?
- No! If you have experience with computer science and know some of the basics, you are welcome to just join on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Make sure you indicate whether you will be attending all four days or just the last two on your registration form.
Funded by a U.S. Department of Education Title V grant.