What's ACE ?
ACE is a scholarship program that gives qualified students the chance to take college credit courses while still enrolled in high school.
What Does ACE Do?
ACE enrollment provides quality learning opportunities and helps high school students prepare for college. Students experience college level courses - the curriculum and texts have been approved, and the instructors certified by the Maricopa County Community College District. Best of all, the transition from high school to college begins early and occurs conveniently in a familiar, comfortable environment.
Frequently Asked Questions for ACE Students.
Do I Qualify?
If you are currently enrolled in a partnerning high school and will be in the 10th grade with at least 6 high school credits complete, you can apply during the Fall semester. If accepted, you will begin classes this upcoming summer.
You must meet two or more of the following criteria:
- First Generation College Student (meaning your parents have not earned a Bachelor's Degree)
- Single-Parent Household
- Works Part Time (10-30 hours per week) to support family
- Member of a traditionally underepresented population in higher education
- Other environmental risk factors will be considered on case by case basis. (For example: foster care, teen parent, lives in temporary housing, etc.)
How Do I Apply?
To apply to the program, you need to complete the Online ACE application. The Priority Deadline for the ACE Application is TBD. The final deadline will be TBD. When completing the application, please keep in mind the following:
- For a step-by-step guide to completing the application, please review the video below:
- Please use your personal email address when first creating your account for the application
- Students will need to provide the email address for two (2) individuals that will provide a recommendation. Your recommender should be someone outside of your family such as a teacher, counselor, church leader, coach, employer, etc.
- Students will need to provide an unofficial copy of your most recent high school transcript
- Students will be asked to address a prompt in a 300 word short-statement/essay
- ACE scholarship application available online
- Application Priority Deadline: December 15, 2022
- Attend an ACE Info Session
- Application Final Deadline: February 27, 2023
- Status notifications to be sent to the student email address used when completing the ACE Application
- If tentatively accepted, students will be asked to complete additional paperwork processes to finalize qualification for scholarship
- Students will be expected to complete placement testing
- Both Parents and Students must attend the mandatory program orientation
- ACE Students should have their summer course schedule and will be responsible for ensuring they have the appropriate textbook.
- Classes will begin in Late May 2023
- To help underrepresented high school students facilitate the transition from high school to the community colleges and on to a bigger university
- To reduce high school dropout rates
- To assist students with completing their educational goals
- Helping set a good foundation for their future
ACE - Achieving a College Education is a nationally recognized Maricopa Colleges scholarship program designed to improve access to and success in higher education.