Interested in ACE?
Complete the ACE application or register for an information session.ACE ApplicationRegister for an Information Session
Interim Manager Early College Programs
Southern & Dobson
Office Location: GC 54B
Frequently Asked Questions for ACE Students.
What is the Achieving a College Education Program?
ACE is a nationally recognized Maricopa Colleges scholarship program that gives qualified students the chance to take college credit courses while still enrolled in high school.
What Does ACE Do?
- Must be a current sophomore and will be a Junior at program start
- Must meet two or more of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (meaning your parents have not earned a Bachelor’s Degree)
- Single-Parent Household
- Works Part Time (10-30 hours per week) to support the family
- Member of a traditionally underrepresented population in higher education
- Other environmental risk factors will be considered on a case-by-case basis. (Example: foster care, teen parent, lives in temporary housing, etc.)
***Even if you think you might not fit all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply and let us decide.
- View the Step-by-step guide to learn how to complete the application
- When applying be sure to use your personal email address
- Be sure to have two individuals that will provide a recommendation for you (Recommenders should be individuals outside of your family such as a teacher, counselor, church leader, coach, employer, etc.)
- Have an unofficial copy of your most recent high school transcript ready
- Help underrepresented high school students facilitate the transition from high school to the community colleges and on to bigger universities
- Reduce high school dropout rates
- Assist students with completing their educational goals
- Help set a good foundation for their future