Interested in the ACE program?
The 2023-24 MCC Achieving a College Education applications will open on October 1st, 2023.
Priority Deadline for the application is December 15, 2023.
Manager Early College Programs
Student Service Specialist
Southern & Dobson
Office Location: GC 54B
Be Surrounded by a Community of Support!
Frequently Asked Questions for ACE
What is the Achieving a College Education Program?
ACE is a nationally recognized Maricopa Colleges scholarship program that allows qualified students to take college credit courses while still enrolled in high school.
What Does ACE Do?
- Must be a current sophomore and will be a Junior at the program start
- Must meet two or more of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student (meaning your parents have not earned a Bachelor’s Degree)
- Single-Parent Household
- Works Part-time (10-30 hours per week) to support the family
- Member of a traditionally underrepresented population in higher education
- Other environmental risk factors will be considered on a case-by-case basis. (Example: foster care, teen parent, lives in temporary housing, etc.)
***Even if you think you might not fit all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply and let us decide.
- View the Step-by-step guide to learn how to complete the application
- When applying, be sure to use your personal email address
- Be sure to have two individuals who will provide a recommendation for you. (Recommenders should be individuals outside your family, such as a teacher, counselor, church leader, coach, employer, etc.)
- Have an unofficial copy of your most recent high school transcript ready
The ACE application will be open on October 1st, 2023
The priority deadline is December 15, 2023
- Help underrepresented high school students facilitate the transition from high school to community colleges and on to more prominent universities.
- Reduce high school dropout rates.
- Assist students with completing their educational goals
- Help set a good foundation for their future