Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

Where are you located?

The Theatre and Film Arts Department is located on the main Mesa Community College campus located at the crossroads of Southern Ave. and Dobson Rd. Our Theatre is building TH-29, which is where most of our classes are held. See the campus map for our location:

How can I get help via phone?

The main office number is (480) 461-7538. You can also reach individual staff and faculty members, see our staff listing.

What are your hours?

The Theatre and Film Arts Department office is open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm during the Fall and Spring Semesters. During the Summer Semester, the office is open Monday-Thursday 7am-6pm. Classes and performances can be held Monday-Saturday. The Theatre and Film Arts Department follows the campus calendar for holiday closures.

Where do I get started?

Your first step to taking classes at MCC is to be admitted as a student. Steps for admission to MCC are located here: Once you are an official student with a MEID number, you can seeking advising assistance and enroll in classes.

Where do I go for departmental advising?

Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with the academic advisor in the Theatre Arts program. Students interested in Theatre Arts Performance can schedule an appointment with Kevin Dressler by email at or by phone at 480-461-7538. Students interested in Theatre Arts Design or Technical Production can schedule an appointment with Kara Thompson by email at or by phone at 480-461-7975.

What types of degrees do you offer?

The Theatre and Film Arts Department offers an Associate of Arts and Associate of Fine Arts. Our program is designed to seamlessly transfer to an in-state university and provide a solid foundation for a transfer to an out-of-state university. More information can be found here:

Are auditions open to the public?

Anyone from the community may audition for MCC Theatre & Film Arts productions. If cast, the actor must also register for one credit hour of THP201AA Theatre Production.

What types of financial aid or scholarship support are available?

In addition to federal financial aid, MCC offers several scholarship opportunities. General scholarship information is available from the Financial Aid office: Scholarships. The Theatre and Film Arts Department also offers a variety of awards for theatre majors. In addition to scholarships, the Theatre and Film Arts Department offers Federal Work Study for students who qualify. More information can be found here:

What types of performance opportunities are available?

We support a variety of theatre outreach experiences including four main stage productions, as well as student productions and showcases, original works, guest artists, workshops, and puppetry performances. In most academic years, the TFAD produces four mainstage productions.

Are there any entrance requirements?

There are no audition requirements for entrance to the program for the Associate of Arts or or the Associate of Fine Arts Degree.

How do I enroll in classes?

You may self-enroll in person at the Student Enrollment Center on the main campus or on MCC’s website at, but degree-seeking students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor.

Are your theatre classes open to the public?

MCC supports career readiness, workforce development, and life-long learning. Members of the public, at all ability levels, are welcome to take theatre classes at MCC. You must be enrolled as a student at MCC in order to take classes.

Where do I purchase tickets, and how much are they?

Tickets can be purchased in person at our Box Office or on the MCC Arts website. We offer discounts for students, seniors, MCC staff and faculty, and military with ID.

Do you offer summer programming?

Currently we do not offer summer programming.