December 19, 2016 – January 13, 2017
Need to catch up on degree requirements? Want to lighten your Spring class load? Register for Winter Intersession today! Enjoy the flexibility of online classes; earn credits from the convenience of your personal computer during Winter break.
Winter Intersession offers traditional semester-long courses in online, 4-week classes, helping you accelerate your education. Find the classes you want – choose from many in-demand courses including English, History, Math, Health Science, Food and Nutrition, Counseling and Personal Development, and more. Registration deadline is December 19, 2016.
Winter Intersession classes begin Monday, December 19th and end Friday, January 13th.
Information about Spring 2017 classes is also available.
- Convenient and Accessible 24/7
- Flexibility to Balance Work, Family and Other Demands
- Same Transfer Value as Traditional Classes
- Save Money - No Driving to Campus
Am I Ready?
A Successful Online Student will:
- be able to communicate effectively in writing
- be self-motivated, organized and self-disciplined
- be willing to seek help and find solutions when problems arise
- be willing to commit the same amount of time as they would in a traditional class
- think critically and make informed decisions
- have access to a reliable computer and internet connection
- be willing to check email and class site daily
- be computer literate with basic skills - attaching documents, using email, etc.
Take our Online Learning Assessment to see if online learning is for you.
Keep in Mind
Remember that this session is only 26 days long! These classes are fast and furious and four times more accelerated than a regular semester. By focusing your efforts on a single Winter Intersession class, our data shows that you increase your chances of being successful. Obviously, the choice is yours and we're happy that you're considering Winter Intersession classes at Mesa Community College.
Pre-scheduled and asynchronous tutoring will be available through most of your Canvas course menus (on the left - labeled "Online Tutoring") and additionally can be accessed here: https://www.mesacc.edu/students/tutoring/smarthinking
Hours of operation for Enrollment Services:
- December 19–22: 8am – 6pm
- December 23: 10am – 5pm
- December 24–January 1: Closed
- January 2–5: 8am – 7pm
- January 6: 8am – 5pm
- January 7–8: Closed
- January 9–12: 8am – 7pm
- January 13: 8am – 5pm
- January 14: 9am – 1pm
- January 15: Closed
- January 16: Closed
- January 17–19: 8am – 7pm
- January 20: 8am – 5pm
- January 21–22: Closed
Hours of operation:
Open Monday–Friday, December 19–23, 9am–6pm
Closed Saturday–Monday, December 24– January 2, Holiday Break
Open Tuesday–Friday, January 3–6, and Monday–Friday, January 9–13, 9am–6pm
Closed Saturdays & Sundays, December 17–January 8
(allow 1-2 days processing during holiday dates)
- Open December 19–22, 8am–7pm
- Open December 13, 8am–4pm
- Closed December 24–January 2
The Bookstore will return to normal business hours January 3, 2017.
Receive 24x7 technical support by calling 480-461-7217
If you require in-person support, the HelpCenter on Campus will be open:
- December 19–23: 8am – 5pm
- January 3–6: 8am – 5pm
- January 9–13: 8am – 5pm