cost per credit* for an affordable education at MCC*In-county tuition (see Tuition Rates)
December 18, 2017 – January 12, 2018
Need to catch up on degree requirements? Want to lighten your Spring class load? Register for Winter Intersession today! Enjoy the flexibility of online classes; earn credits from the convenience of your personal computer during Winter break.
Winter Intersession offers traditional semester-long courses in online, 4-week classes, helping you accelerate your education. Find the classes you want – choose from many in-demand courses including English, History, Math, Health Science, Food and Nutrition, Counseling and Personal Development, and more. Registration deadline is Monday, December 18, 2017.
Winter Intersession classes begin Monday, December 18 and ends Monday, January 12.
Information about Spring 2018 classes is also available.
- Convenient and Accessible 24/7
- Flexibility to Balance Work, Family and Other Demands
- Same Transfer Value as Traditional Classes
- Save Money - No Driving to Campus
Am I Ready?
A Successful Online Student will:
- be able to communicate effectively in writing
- be self-motivated, organized and self-disciplined
- be willing to seek help and find solutions when problems arise
- be willing to commit the same amount of time as they would in a traditional class
- think critically and make informed decisions
- have access to a reliable computer and internet connection
- be willing to check email and class site daily
- be computer literate with basic skills - attaching documents, using email, etc.
Take our Online Learning Assessment to see if online learning is for you.
Keep in Mind
Remember that this session is only 26 days long! These classes are fast and furious and four times more accelerated than a regular semester. Expect to logon into your course daily and spend 3-6 hours learning and completing assignments for a single class. By focusing your efforts on a single Winter Intersession class, our data shows that you increase your chances of being successful. Obviously, the choice is yours and we're happy that you're considering Winter Intersession classes at Mesa Community College.
Pre-scheduled and asynchronous tutoring will be available through most of your Canvas course menus (on the left - labeled "Online Tutoring") and additionally can be accessed here: https://www.mesacc.edu/students/tutoring/smarthinking
Hours of operation for Enrollment Services:
- December 18–21: 8am – 6pm
- December 22: 10am – 5pm
- December 23–January 1: Closed
- January 2–4: 8am – 6pm
- January 5: 8am – 5pm
- January 6: Closed
- January 8–11: 8am – 7pm
- January 12: 8am – 5pm
- January 13: 9am – 1pm
- January 16: Closed
- January 17–19: 8am – 7pm
- January 20: 8am – 5pm
- January 21–22: Closed
Hours of operation:
Open Monday–Friday, December 18–22, 9am–5pm
Closed Saturday–Monday, December 23– January 2, Holiday Break
Open Tuesday–Friday, January 2–5, and Monday–Friday, January 8–12, 9am–5pm
Closed Saturdays & Sundays, December 16–January 7
(allow 1-2 days processing during holiday dates)
- Open hours: TBA
The Bookstore will return to normal business hours January 2, 2018.
Receive 24x7 technical support by calling 480-461-7217
If you require in-person support, the HelpCenter on Campus will be open:
- Finals week is 12/11-12/15
- M-Th 7a - 7p, Fri 7a - 5p
- 12/18 - 12/22: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- 12/23/2017 - 1/1/2018: CLOSED for walk-in
- Tues 1/2/2018 - Fri 1/5/2018: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- 1/8/2018 - 1/12/2018: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Mon 1/15/2018: Closed for MLK Day
- Beginning Tuesday 1/16 - NEW spring hours:
- M-Th 7:00a - 7:00p for walk-in - open until 7:30p for classroom assistance
- Fridays 7:00a - 5:00p