HESI A2 Entrance Exam for Nursing Program
Notes about HESI A2
By Appointment Only
Monday - Thursday:
8:30am to 12:30pm
10:00am to 12:00pm
On-Campus testing is available by appointment only.
Detailed information about the Evolve Reach Nursing Admission Assessment Exam (HESI) is available on the nursing website.
- The HESI A2 exam is done by appointment only. E-mail email@example.com for prices and scheduling options. Please include your Student ID number or MEID.
- PLAN AHEAD. We will not make an appointment until you have completed all the steps up to and including paying for the exam fee:
- Current start times are 8:30am to 12:30pm, Monday through Thursday and Friday 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Please contact our Disability Resources and Services Center (DRS) if you need testing accommodations for this exam.
- Disability Resources Home Page
- If you are a current student and have approved accommodations through DRS, let us know so we can meet your needs.
- You must have a valid and readable state/federal/government issued ID with name and photo that match. We will also accept a current Maricopa College photo ID that includes your school ID number and current photo.
- You must be admitted to a Maricopa Community College and are encouraged to have met most of the pre-requisite courses for the Nursing Program. Update your personal information (e.g. name changes, address, etc) through your Student Center
- You need to know your Maricopa College Student ID Number (SID) and your MEID number. Update any records prior to testing (such as name change, address, etc.) through the Records Department at your parent school
- You must create an EVOLVE account, which will result in an EVOLVE username and password needed to launch the HESI A2 exam. Be sure to add your student ID number or MEID to 'My Institution' on the Account Settings
- If you have trouble with the link, search the word 'evolve'
Accuplacer Entrance Exam for CNA Program
Admission in the CNA Program requires placement testing in math, and reading.
Program Admission Requirements:
- High School GPA from the last 5 years - Unweighted 2.6 or higher
- Accuplacer: Reading (Next Gen) -230 or higher AND Arithmetic (Next Gen) -200 or higher
- EdReady: Critical Reading and Critical Thinking - 65 or higher AND Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics - 55 or higher
- Edready can be taken at home, all that's required is your MEID and password to log into your account. More information can be found Here.
For more placement options, see the Nurse Assisting Student Handbook
Visit the Nurse Assisting page for more details.
Paramedicine Computer Based Entrance Exam
Applicants to the Mesa Paramedicine program should prepare to take the computer based entrance exam. This is a 150-question multiple- exam with a 3 hour time limit. A score of 70% or better is required to pass the entrance exam. Visit the Paramedicine Program page for more details.
No other topics, such as math or reading, will appear on the Paramedicine entrance exam. Click here for Paramedicine exam study guide. Contact the Testing Department to schedule your exam.
Reading Placement Tests for the EMT Program
All applicants for the Mesa EMT program must successfully pass an EdReady reading comprehension test. A score of 75 or higher on the EdReady reading test is necessary to place.
If you have an Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college, you may be exempt from the reading placement test. Students will need to provide a copy of the school transcript at the time of registration.
Visit the EMT-Basic page for more information.