HESI A2 Entrance Exam for Nursing Program
Notes about HESI A2
By Appointment Only
Monday - Thursday:
8:30am and 12:30pm
Closed on Fridays during the summer months.
Remote Test Options only.
In-Person or On-Campus testing available by appointment only.
Detailed information about the Evolve Reach Nursing Admission Assessment Exam (HESI) is available on the nursing website.
- The HESI A2 exam is done by appointment only. The only test delivery option available is remote, done at home. No HESI A2 testing is being done on campus or in-person. We are testing for Maricopa College Nursing students only. Other college programs outside our system must find alternatives for the HESI A2 from their selected college
- PLAN AHEAD. We will not make an appointment until you have completed all the steps up to and including paying for the exam fee:
- Current appointment times are 8:30am and 12:30pm, Monday through Thursday
- You must have a computer with reliable and uninterrupted internet connection, a camera, and a workspace where you can take a remote proctored exam with no outside interruptions for a minimum of four hours. Your laptop must be powered during the testing session. No cell phone, tablet, ChromeBook, smartwatch or other electronic device is allowed. Click this link to complete the systems check of your computer:
- HESI System Check (If check fails, attached is troubleshoot information.
- ***If you have been approved for test accommodations due to a documented disability, please contact our Disability Resources Services department first.
- You must have a valid and readable state/federal/government issued ID with name and photo that match. We will also accept a current Maricopa College photo ID that includes your school ID number and current photo
- You must be admitted to a Maricopa Community College and have met most of the pre-requisite courses for the Nursing Program. You might have credit from another accredited college that must be transferred to Maricopa College System
- You need to know your Maricopa College Student ID Number (SID) and your MEID number. Update any records prior to testing (such as name change, address, etc.) through the Records Department at your parent school
- You must create an EVOLVE account, which will result in an EVOLVE username and password needed to take the HESI A2 exam. When creating your EVOLVE Account, please use your Maricopa Student ID number. It starts with a ‘3’ and contains eight numbers. Click this link to create EVOLVE account:
- If you have trouble with the link, search the web. Some browsers work better than others. Top right-hand corner of the page ‘Sign In’—this is where you create your EVOLVE account.
- Current cost for HESI A2 exam is $37.00 paid directly to Elsevier/Evolve using a credit or debit card. Use the same link: https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/ Sign into your account and make your payment.
- ONCE the above processes are complete:
- YOU HAVE AN EVOLVE ACCOUNT, YOU KNOW YOUR MARICOPA MEID AND STUDENT ID, YOU HAVE DONE A COMPUTER SYSTEMS CHECK AND YOU HAVE PAID YOUR HESI A2 TEST FEE TO ELSEVIER/EVOLVE.
- EMAIL TESTING@MESACC.EDU TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- In the email provide your name, your Maricopa Student ID/MEID number, your proof of payment for the HESI A2 exam. We will contact you to finalize your appointment time to take the HESI A2 Nursing Exam
Accuplacer Entrance Exam for CNA Program
Admission in the CNA Program requires placement testing in English, math, and reading.
Program Admission Requirements: Accuplacer Scores*
-Reading (Classic) -58 or higher
-Reading (Next Gen) -230 or higher
-Arithmetic (Classic) - 20 or higher
-Arithmetic (Next Gen) -200 or higher
*Information from the Nurse Assisting Student Handbook
Visit the Nurse Assisting page for more details.
Paramedicine Computer Based Entrance Exam
Applicants to the Mesa Paramedicine program should prepare to take the computer based entrance exam. This is a 150-question multiple- exam with a 3 hour time limit. A score of 70% or better is required to pass the entrance exam. Visit the Paramedicine Program page for more details.
No other topics, such as math or reading, will appear on the Paramedicine entrance exam. Click here for Paramedicine exam study guide. Contact the Testing Department to schedule your exam.
Reading Placement Tests for the EMT Program
All applicants for the Mesa EMT program must successfully pass an EdReady reading comprehension test. A score of 75 or higher on the EdReady reading test is necessary to place.
If you have an Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college, you may be exempt from the reading placement test. Students will need to provide a copy of the school transcript at the time of registration.
Visit the EMT-Basic page for more information.