ESL Course Placement Options
There are multiple course placement measures for ESL courses at MCC. For more information view the ESL Mult Measures Placement Chart.
CELSA is paper and pencil and is used for course placement into the English as a Second Language program for both English and Reading.
The test involves reading a conversation or other paragraphs and choosing the correct word to complete the story or conversation.
There are four levels of ESL classes and your score on the CELSA test will determine which level is best for you.
- How long will it take?
- This test takes 45 minutes to complete and consists of 75 multiple choice questions. The test is written only and does not include a listening or spoken portion.
- When do I get my scores?
- The scores and recommended course placement are given to the student immediately upon test completion.
- How much does it cost?
- CELSA is free for students applying to a Maricopa college.
- Do I need an appointment?
- CELSA tests are available by appointment only.