This course requires an application for registration. You must meet health and safety requirements in order to apply for the course. This needs to be started several weeks in advance.
Maria Torkkola - Nurse Assisting Advisor (Compliance, Cohort Availability and Registration)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for general information.
Find out more
NUR158 is a 6-week, 4.5 credit course that prepares students for the Arizona State Board of Nursing exam to become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Licensed Nurse Assistant (LNA). The course includes lecture, lab, and clinical experience.
NCE150AP is our advanced placement course for students with previous healthcare experience (resume and a reference is required as proof). It is 2 credits and is a fast track option to complete the NA requirement.
Career opportunities exist for nurse assistants to help clients/patients practice activities of daily living, provide bedside care, and perform basic nursing procedures. CNAs work with patients in nursing homes, hospitals, adult daycare, acute care centers, assisted living facilities, and patients' homes.
This program is located at our MCC Red Mountain campus located at 7110 East McKellips Road, Mesa, AZ 85207.
To get started, contact the nurse assistant team email@example.com
- Do you like to help people?
- Are you waiting for your spot in the nursing program?
- Do you want to get a jump start on your healthcare career?
- Are you a natural caregiver?
- The Nurse Assisting program may be a perfect fit!
There are academic and health and safety requirements to meet before you are registered for the Nurse Assistant program (NUR158 and NCE150AP). Please contact our advisor today!
How to get started:
- Fill out our Request More Information form.
- Registration Guide
- Spring Session 1 Cohort Choices**1A and 1B are now full. Limited seats in 2A and 2B.**
- Spring Session 2 Cohort Choices
- Health and Safety Checklist
- Nurse Assisting Student Handbook