This course requires an application for registration. You must meet health and safety requirements in order to apply for the course. This needs to be started several weeks in advance.
How are we doing? Your Voice Matters
Contact Kathleen Mead
Maria Torkkola - Nurse Assisting Advisor (Compliance, Cohort Availability and Registration)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for general information.
Find out more
NUR158 is a 6-week, 4.5 credit course that prepares students for the Arizona State Board of Nursing exam to become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Licensed Nurse Assistant (LNA). The course includes lecture, lab, and clinical experience.
NCE150AP is our advanced placement course for students with previous healthcare experience (resume and a reference is required as proof). It is 2 credits and is a fast track option to complete the NA requirement.
Career opportunities exist for nurse assistants to help clients/patients practice activities of daily living, provide bedside care, and perform basic nursing procedures. CNAs work with patients in nursing homes, hospitals, adult daycare, acute care centers, assisted living facilities, and patients' homes.
This program is located at our MCC Red Mountain campus located at 7110 East McKellips Road, Mesa, AZ 85207.
- Do you like to help people?
- Are you waiting for your spot in the nursing program?
- Do you want to get a jump start on your healthcare career?
- Are you a natural caregiver?
- The Nurse Assisting program may be a perfect fit!
There are academic and health and safety requirements to meet before you are registered for the Nurse Assistant program (NUR158 and NCE150AP). Please contact our advisor today!
How to get started:
- Request More Information
- Registration Guide
- Summer 2023 cohort choices
- Health and Safety Checklist
- Nurse Assisting Student Handbook
- American Databank/Complio Main Page
- American Databank/Complio Student Guide
- American Databank/Complio Help Videos
- Background Check PASS Certificate Instructions
- EdReady Placement Testing
- Fingerprint Clearance Card Instructions
- Fingerprint Clearance Card Video
- Fieldprint Fingerprinting Services
- Health and Safety Requirements