Get More Info
Call our general phone number:
Contact the Early College Academy Coordinator
Southern & Dobson
Office Location: GC 54B
Early College Academy Application
DEADLINE to submit application March 29, 2021
Due to the transition of services remotely during the COVID Pandemic, students may complete the Early College Academy Application online by CLICKING HERE.
Applicants will need to share the following link with a current teacher who can complete a reccommendation form: https://tinyurl.com/21ECARecommend
If you were unable to attend one of our information sessions, feel free to view a recording of the information session.
What is the MCC Early College Academy?
The Early College Academy is a unique opportunity for high school students to begin their college experience after their freshman year in high school. Eligible students include those currently attending Mountain View, Red Mountain, or Skyline High Schools within the Mesa Public School District.
This includes enrolling in college classes that meet both high school graduation and college degree requirements, as well as participating in Early College Academy Summer Institutes that will focus on college and career exploration, strengthening academic skills, engaging in community service projects and participating in internships.
What are the benefits?
- Enrolling in college courses while in high school provides students an opportunity to experience college in a structured environment.
- Students have a chance to knock out college courses that are typically taken during the first two years of a bachelor's degree program. Once in college, they will have more flexibility and time to take courses in line with their major, work part-time without slowing down their progress or participate in other college opportunities.
- Statistics show students enrolled in early college programs are more likely to attend college after high school and complete a degree.
2021 Early College Academy Informational Session
Does this count towards high school and college credit?
The high school curriculum is weaved into the college course, allowing students to meet their high school requirements while expanding on the course topic to meet college level requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible to participate in this program?
- At this time, the program is only open to currently enrolled freshman attending Mountain View, Red Mountain, or Skyline high schools within the Mesa Public School District.
- Where is the Early College Academy held?
- The MCC Early College Academy is held at the MCC Red Mountain Campus.
- What would my (student) schedule look like?
- Students will enroll in 4 high school classes and one high school/college course that will be part of your normal school day. The college class will count toward both high school and college requirements.
- Is transportation provided?
- Yes. Mesa Public School (MPS) will bus students to and from the MCC campus during the school year. Personal transportation will be required to attend the Early College Academy Summer Institutes.
- Will my student still be able to participate in-before or after school activities?
- Yes, Early College Academy will take place during the first two periods of a student's high school schedule.
- Does MCC offer disability resources?
- Yes, our Disability Resources Office is available to all students.
- My child is currently on an IEP/504 at their high school. Can I expect to receive the same services?
- MCC is governed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The best way to determine if your child would qualify for accommodations would be to contact the Office of Disability Resources at 480-654-7751. Together, they can assist you with exploring available accommodations and ways to access them.