Paramedicine Program Performance Statistics:
The most current CoAEMSP Annual Report was submitted for the calendar year 2020. The most recent success rate for the National Registry of EMT Paramedic/State Cognitive exam was 97.3%. The most recent positive placement rate for graduates was 97.3%. Positive placement is defined by the CoAEMSP as ‘Employed full or part-time in a related field and/or continuing his/her education and/or serving in the military’. Positive placement is measured at completion of the program. The most recent retention rate was 80.4%.
Since 2004, the MCC Paramedicine Program maintains one of the highest pass /success rates in the State of Arizona.
For detailed Paramedicine Program Statistics please click below:
Students who succesfully graduate from the Paramedic progam are prepared to become competent entry-level certified NREMT Paramedics with a high capacity for critical thinking and problem solving.
Students who complete the program earn a Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Paramedicine or may choose to earn an Associate's Degree in Applied Sciences (AAS) in Paramedicine. The AAS Degree is transferable to most in-state Universities.
2023-2024 Paramedicine Program Cohort Information
Students are chosen for our Paramedic Program through a competitive selection process.
- All applicants must have a current and valid EMT AZ State certification.
- Two years of verifiable EMT experience OR successful completion of the Pre-Paramedic classes, PME190 & PME191 (highly suggested these classes are taken concurrently)
- Score of at least 70% on the Paramedic Entrance Exam
- Current and valid CPR-BLS certification
The following links will direct you to a PDF document that outlines step by step instructions of how to apply to the Paramedic Program
- Civilian - (general student population, non public safety/employer sponsored students)
- Sworn Public Safety Personnel - (for sponsored students currently employed in sworn pubic safety)
- Private EMS or Hospital Personnel - (for sponsored students currently employed in EMS or hospital agencies)
All applicants are required to pass a 150-question multiple-choice computer-based Paramedicine entrance examination with a score of at least 70%
- This is a proctored exam and is only offered at a Testing Center (Red Mountain Campus and Southern & Dobson Campus)
- Appointment is required
The following links will direct you to PDF documents that will assist you in preparing for the entrance exam
- Study Guide for the Paramedicine Computer-Based Entrance Exam
- Paramedicine Computer Based Entrance Exam Information
Student that did not pass the Paramedic Entrance Exam please see the document linked below:
Once you complete and submit the MCCCD Paramedicine Program E-application, you will be contacted by the Paramedicine program you chose on the E-application for an oral interview.
- The oral interview is often conducted 30 to 60 days prior to the start of the Paramedicine program
- The panel is typically composed of Paramedicine program faculty, the Program Director, and the Medical Director
- Interview is approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Click on this link Oral Panel Interview Preparation for information how to prepare for a successful oral interview.