Who needs to complete the pre-paramedicine courses?
- Any prospective paramedicine program applicants with less than two years of verifiable work history as an EMT (EMCT), are required to complete the pre-paramedicine foundational coursework prior to competing in the paramedicine program selection process.
- Those students wishing to pursue the AAS in Paramedicine are required to complete these courses.
The pre-paramedicine courses include:
- PME 190: Introduction to ECG Rhythm Analysis and Interpretation for EMS Professionals
- PME 191: Introduction to Pharmacology for EMS Professionals
Pre-paramedicine courses are offered every Fall semester (beginning in August) and Spring semester (beginning in January). Pre-paramedicine courses are not offered during the Summer Sessions.
How to Register for Pre-Paramedicine Courses
To complete and submit the Pre-Paramedicine Course Registration Form, you must first be a Mesa Community College Student. To apply for admission at Mesa Community College, please visit the Maricopa Community Colleges Admissions Page.
- To complete and submit the Pre-Paramedicine Course Registration Form, you must be logged in to your official Maricopa Community College District Student email account.
- Please be advised that you must be prepared to upload .pdf, .gif or .jpeg copies of the following documents to this registration form:
- Arizona State EMCT Certification Card (currently valid) - students not currently certified, may provide documentation of their pending completion of an approved EMT course.
- BLS CPR Provider Card (currently valid) - should be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA), American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI), or American Red Cross (ARC)
- Once the registration form is submitted, students will receive an email verification in their Maricopa Community College District Student email account showing successful submission. If you do not receive this email, please contact our office: (480) 461-6300.