What will Institutional Advancement (IA) photograph?
- Large scale events with high PR value, unique campus shots, and high profile dignitaries.
- Still, posed head/shoulders photos, staged presentation/groups (e.g., new employees, awards and recognitions, publicity for presentations).
- Photos to support external media stories and pitches.
- Photos to be used in marketing campaigns.
- Images to accompany social media.
- Please note: IA frequently collaborates with the Media Services - Video Production team for photo and video needs. Requests are coordinated through IA and Service Now - Once you are logged in to Service Now, click "Requests" then select "Request Something,” then on the left navigation select "Services." That brings up a menu to request video/photography.
The responsibility for event photography has shifted from IA to individual departments and student organizations and clubs. This is largely due to:
- Staffing limitations.
- Requirements for photo releases.
Cell phones that have high quality cameras are a great option for departmental use.
Some considerations for event photography:
- How will the photos be used?
- Will the photos have publicity value?
- Is the photographer well versed in photo permission guidelines and prepared to gather photo permission for everyone photographed?
Photo Release Forms Required
It is the photographer’s responsibility to ensure photo permission is provided by everyone photographed OR THE PHOTOS MAY NOT BE USED.
Any identifiable individuals in posted photos must sign approved District release forms. Release forms are the responsibility of the posting department and should be kept on file permanently according to the Records Retention Schedule issued by the Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records Division. Release forms are available on the forms-logos-maps page.
Please contact Dawn Zimmer at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.