What will Institutional Advancement (IA) photograph?
DownloadDownload these guidelines as pdf
- Large scale employee events and celebrations (e.g. end of semester brunch, President’s Forum)
- Still, posed head/shoulders photos, staged presentation/groups (e.g. new employees, awards and recognitions, publicity for presentations)
- Photos to support external media stories and pitches
- Images to accompany social media (e.g. large scale events with high PR value, unique campus shots, high profile dignitaries)
The responsibility for event photography has shifted from IA to individual departments and student organizations and clubs. This is largely due to:
- Staffing limitations.
- Pending MCCCD organizational changes.
- Requirements for photo releases.
Cell phones that have high quality cameras are a great option for departmental use.
Some considerations for event photography:
- How will the photos be used?
- Will the photos have publicity value?
- Is the photographer well versed in photo permission guidelines and prepared to gather photo permission for everyone photographed?
Photo Release Forms Required
It is the photographer’s responsibility to ensure photo permission is provided by everyone photographed OR THE PHOTOS MAY NOT BE USED.
Any identifiable individuals in posted photos must sign approved District release forms. Release forms are the responsibility of the posting department and should be kept on file permanently according to the Records Retention Schedule issued by the Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records Division. Release forms are available on the forms-logos-maps page.