It’s the responsibility of Media Relations to keep MCC in the news and top of mind. As the first point of contact with the media, we both respond to press inquiries and pitch our news stories. We preserve a deep knowledge of MCC programs, stay aware of the college's latest achievements, and work collaboratively with the staff, faculty and students to promote MCC through mainstream, trade and social media.
The Media Relations and Communications groups often promote stories and events in tandem. While Communications gets the word out via on-campus media and the MCC website, Media Relations focuses on external audiences. Close collaboration between our groups ensures that everyone, both in the press and our community, is on the same page with the latest, most accurate information.
You too can be a part of promoting MCC across the Valley and the rest of the country. All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to submit story ideas that may be of interest to the community and beyond. We want to hear your and your student's success stories.
What Media Relations Does
- Promotes newsworthy stories to local and national media outlets through the distribution of news releases, media alerts, public service announcements and fact sheets.
- Receives and responds to press inquiries, coordinates interviews and tracks media coverage.
- Serves as liaisons for news reporters, editors and producers.
- Archives media coverage on the college's website.
- Maintain the MCC accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn (Social Media Guidelines).
- Provides support and guidance regarding media issues (Employee Media Guidelines).
Media Relations writes, posts and distributes news on a regular basis. Please direct questions or submit your story idea to Dawn Zimmer at 480-461-7892, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Julie Ruiz, 480-461-7283, email@example.com.