Contact Media Relations
If MCC is in the news, you can bet Media Relations had something to do with it. As the first point of contact to the media, we both respond to press inquiries and pitch our own news stories. We retain a deep knowledge of MCC programs, stay aware of all the latest achievements at the college, and work collaboratively with the staff, faculty, and students to promote MCC through print, broadcast, online, and social media.
The Media Relations and Communications groups often promote the same stories and events. And while Communications gets the word out via on-campus media and the MCC website, we focus on external audiences. Close collaboration between our groups ensures that everyone, both in the press and within the walls of MCC, is on the same page with the latest information.
You too can be a part of promoting MCC across the Valley and the rest of the country. All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to submit story ideas that may be of interest to the community and beyond. We want to hear from you.
What We Do
- Promote newsworthy stories to local and national media outlets through the distribution of: news releases, media alerts, public service announcements, fact sheets, and calendar events
- Receive and respond to press inquiries
- Serve as liaisons for news reporters, editors, and producers
- Arrange radio and television appearances
- Coordinate interviews and press conferences
- Develop and maintain the MCC Experts List
- Oversee the MCC Speaker’s Bureau
- Partner with Communications to maintain the MCC accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites (Social Media Guidelines)
- Partner with Communications to photograph individuals and events for publicity use
- Provide support and guidance regarding media issues (Employee Media Guidelines)
Media Relations writes, posts, and distributes media information on a regular basis. Please direct questions or submit your news release or media alert to Dawn Zimmer at 480-461-7892, email@example.com.