If you plan to miss class, you must notify the Interpreter Coordinator:
Coordinator of Interpreting Services
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program Advisor
Important to Note:
- Notify the Interpreter Coordinator that you will miss a class at least 48 hours in advance.
- Notification between 48 hours and 1 hour before the class is considered a LATE NOTICE.
- Missing class without notification is considered a NO SHOW.
- Three (3) LATE NOTICES are considered one (1) NO SHOW.
- Three (3) NO SHOWS and your services are subject to suspension. A letter of warning will automatically be sent and you will need to make an appointment with the Interpreter Coordinator. Interpreting services will resume when a valid explanation is provided during the appointment. Examples of valid explanations for absences can be found in the MCC student handbook.
- Interpreters and Captionists will wait 5 minutes per half-hour of class time with a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 45 minutes.
- The interpreter Coordinator has the right to suspend/cancel services if no communication occurs.