For those students who are continuing their education from another semester. Every semester, continuing students need to follow the following steps.
- Meet with Academic Advising.
Supply unofficial transcripts from all prior institutions.
- Individual Education Completion Plan (IECP).
Your advisor will complete an Individual Education Course Plan - IECP.
- Enroll in courses and fill out the Veterans Request for Benefits Form
This form is required for each semester.It ensures the following:
- We have all the information needed to certify your enrollment to the VA.
- Prompt us to send a promissory note (promise to pay) document and place a hold on your account so you are not dropped for non-payment while we're waiting for the VA to pay you and/or the institution.
- Confirms to us that you understand your responsibilities in maintaining your GI Bill.
- Request Deferments
This prevents classes from being dropped before your benefits are received from the VA.
In addition, students will sign their Promissory Note.
- Request all official Transcripts (High School, GED, and/or any accredited colleges) be sent to:
Mesa Community College
Attention Records Office
1833 W. Southern Ave. Mesa, AZ 85202.
Apply for Benefits in Conjunction with VA Education Benefits:
- Determine eligibility for grants and/or loans by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- MCC Federal School Code is: 001077.
Documents Needed to Begin Classes:
- DD-214 (Military Discharge Document - Copy Member 4). This can be used in the meantime showing proof of military service and educational eligibility.
- DD-2384 (NOBE - Notice of Basic Eligibility) (for Chapter Ch 1606 only)
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) provided by the VA via mail once the application for benefits has been completed. (Usually received between 4-6 weeks after application is submitted.)