ASMCC Student Senate
Student Senate Chair
Meets Tuesdays from 3-4:30pm
First meeting (Spring): January 23, 2018
Southern & Dobson
Location: RDM M214
Student Senate is the chief policymaking body of the Associated Students and acts as the voice of the student body.
Student Senate is responsible for writing and debating legislation outlining the opinions of the organization on issues of importance to students, implementing new ASMCC programs and initiatives, and providing campus clubs and organization with funding to support recruitment and retention.
Club Senators are elected by individual clubs to represent them in Student Senate. Senators-at-Large apply and are appointed by the Student Senate to serve as independent legislators.
If you are interested in serving in Student Senate or finding out more about ASMCC in general please call (480) 461-7278, email us, or come to the ASMCC Offices in the Kirk Student Center (Bldg. 35S.)
For more information on Student Senate meetings, click here.
Student Senate Forms and Documents
- Student Senate Resolution Template
- Student Senate Bill Template
- Student Senate Funding Request Form (for Clubs requesting funds)
- Student Senate Appropriations Bill Template (for Appropriations Committee members)
- Mesa Community College Statement of Club Activity (names your Club Senator)
- Senator at Large Application
- Appropriations Committee Nomination Form
- Student Senate Handbook (includes information and guidelines for Club Funding Requests)