AAS Marketing and Sales
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses in the program.
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Marketing and Sales program is designed to develop competencies essential for success in marketing and personal selling. By completing this program, students will be better equipped for successful performance in a variety of marketing/management occupations, including wholesaling, retailing, professional sales, and entrepreneurship. Certificates of Completion (CCL) in Marketing and Social Media Marketing are available.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Use basic mathematics and accounting principles to manage the financial health of an organization.
- Apply current technology to specific business tasks.
- Apply effective oral, written, and visual business communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking through written and oral formats.
- Apply functions of modern business, including business principles, marketing, labor relations, and risk analysis to business situations.
- Analyze legal, ethical and social implications of business decisions and their impact on various individuals, groups and societies.
- Apply functions of modern business, including business principles, marketing, labor relations, and risk to business situations.
- Analyze marketing research to create marketing plans and forecasts.
- Create an ethically and socially responsible social media campaign.
- Analyze business advertising scenarios in the context of target markets.
- Evaluate customers, company, product and/or service, competitor and marketplace information in order to facilitate the selling process.
- Apply techniques for negotiating, overcoming objections, and customer service activities.
Required Courses Credits: 24
|Students should select 15 credits from the following courses in consultation with a Department Advisor.|
|CIS103||Introduction to Social Media||3|
|GBS205||Legal, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues in Business||3|
|IBS101||Introduction to International Business||3|
|MGT126||Customer Service Skills and Strategies||3|
|MGT251||Human Relations in Business||3|
|MKT+++ Any MKT Marketing courses except courses used to satisfy the Required Courses area.||3-15|
Free Restricted Electives
|General Education Requirements||Credits: 22-27|
|First-Year Composition||Credits: 6|
|Any approved general education courses from the First-Year Composition area.|
|Oral Communication||Credits: 3|
|COM100||Introduction to Human Communication (3) OR|
|COM110||Interpersonal Communication (3) OR|
|COM225||Public Speaking (3) OR|
|COM230||Small Group Communication (3)||3|
|Critical Reading||Credits: 0-3|
|CRE101||College Critical Reading and Critical Thinking (3) OR|
|Equivalent as indicated by assessment (0)||0-3|
|Any approved general education course from the Mathematics area.|
|Humanities, Arts and Design||Credits: 3|
|Any approved general education course from the Humanities, Arts and Design area.|
|Natural Sciences||Credits: 4|
|Any approved general education course from the Natural Sciences area.||4|
|Social-Behavioral Sciences||Credits: 3|
|SBU200||Society and Business||3|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Associate in Applied Science is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Associate in Applied Science in Marketing and Sales (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm3?id=140231).