How are we doing? Your Voice Matters
Suzanne Corderio - Interim Program Coordinator
Paramedic to RN Application
Paramedic to RN Information Session
Upcoming Paramedic to RN Information Sessions
The Paramedic to RN Bridge Pathway at MCC offers experienced paramedics a route to advanced placement in the MaricopaNursing Program. The program provides paramedics with the theory and clinical competencies to successfully progress into the second or third semester of the Maricopa Nursing RN program of study.
This program is non-competitive. Enrollment is based on a "first come, first serve" basis. Applications are taken until all seats are full.
Prerequisites for Paramedic to RN Bridge course (NUR106)
All interested applicants should contact Tuesdee Pfeiff, Nursing Advisor at Mesa Community College, email Tuesdee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School graduation or GED
- Transcripts: Request that all official high school, colleges and university transcripts be sent to Mesa Community College Attn: Nursing Department HW-8 at 1833 W. Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85202 for evaluation. Credit by Evaluation is required for vocational or non-credit courses or courses taken at non-accredited institutions.
- Education Courses required for admission into the program: Minimum grade required is a "C"; or 2.0
- CHM130+CHM130LL Fundamental Chemistry with lab or one year high school Chemistry
- BIO201 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIO202 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIO205 Microbiology **Not required to submit...but highly recommended to complete before submission of application
- MAT141, 142 or higher College Mathematics
- ENG101 First year Composition
- NUR187 Pharmacology (within 24 months of application)
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card: See an advisor for information and application packet to apply for the card. Allow 4 to 8 weeks to receive the FCC.
- HESI A2 Admission Exam: Applicants must meet the score requirements posted in the admission packet.
- Copy of current, valid and unrestricted Arizona or National Paramedic Registry Certificate card.
- Letter from employer validating one (1) or more years paramedic work experience within the last three (3) years.
- Health and Safety Documents
Refer to the Advanced Placement Information & Application Packet for Paramedic Applicants for more information on applying for admission into the nursing program and the general education courses required for graduation.
Successful completion of the Associate in Applied Sciences in Nursing Degree provides eligibility for graduates to seek licensure as a Registered Nurse through the State Board of Nursing. Licensing requirements are the exclusive responsibility of the State Boards of Nursing.