Exercise Science involves studying human movement, designing strength training programs, creating health behavior change strategies, learning about the prevention and treatment of athletic injuries, teaching physical education classes, understanding health promotion and disease prevention, teaching group fitness classes, and more.
The Exercise Science program at MCC offers a diverse lineup of courses and pathways to suit your particular interests and goals.
Areas of Study
- Kinesiology - The study of human movement; the pre-professional program for careers in physical therapy, chiropractic, physician assistant, medical school, and more.
- Exercise/Fitness & Wellness - Prepares students in exercise and physical activity leadership; careers include worksite, corporate, spa fitness, cardiac rehabilitation, sports medicine clinics, and more.
- Healthy Lifestyles Coaching - Prepares students in health behavior change strategies, health/wellness promotion, disease prevention and management; careers include government health departments and agencies, health coaching, nonprofit disease prevention agencies, and private healthcare organizations.
- Athletic Training - Prepares students in the field of athletic injury prevention and treatment; for a career as an athletic trainer.
- Physical Education in Secondary Education - Prepares future teachers to deliver quality K-12 physical education programs; for a career as a physical education teacher.