The MCC resume packet is a PDF with helpful hints and tips.
A resume is a marketing tool. It should portray your unique qualifications, help you stand out from other candidates, and make an employer want to meet you in person. It is your advertisement to help you obtain an interview.
Keep in mind that prospective employers will spend less than 30 seconds reviewing your resume. You must keep it clear, concise, and focused on the information that will sell you best.
Prepare your resume now:
- View our video about Writing a Resume.
- Print our Resume Packet.
- Create your resume and print it.
- Bring it to MCC Career Services and have it reviewed by a Career Services Specialist.
Other Helpful Handouts
We have all heard that first impressions really do count. That is why it is important to make a positive, convincing first impression when beginning an interview. Read these professional tips.
- PRACTICE by asking us for a mock interview! Make an appointment with a Career Services Specialist. Practice how you will answer basic interview questions, and get feedback.
- Tips for Interview Appearance and Attire - compliments of Monster.com.
- Dress Right For Interview Success - Interview dressing tips and photos of outfits.
- Dress To Achieve - to educate college students on the basics of proper dress
- Need to build your keyboarding skills for computer usage? Go to www.learn2type.com to take a typing test and print a certificate. Go to www.sense-lang.org/typing to learn the keyboard using the touch system.