Schedule a Career Services Orientation for your class
Career Services can provide an orientation to our services for your students. We can come to your classroom, or we can reserve a computer classroom on campus to accommodate classes that want a "hands on" orientation to Career Services. Click the link below to Schedule Your Presentation and choose 'Our department and the services that we provide' for your 5-10 minute overview of the Career Services department and how we can help your students.
Career Services can provide presentations to your students on a variety of topics:
- O*Net/Career Coach and your job search (30-45 minutes) - this presentation requires each student to have access to a computer. YOU MUST arrange for the appropriate classroom space.
- Résumé writing (45 minutes)
- Interview tips and skills (45 minutes)
- Social Media and Networking (30 minutes) - The DOs and DON'Ts of all social media platforms and how your use of social media can have an effect on your job search
- Branding Yourself (30 minutes) - how to present yourself in a professional manner. For example, how to answer the question "Tell me about yourself" in a way that shows off your skills and abilities in the professional world. The presentation also involves creating your "elevator speech" that can be used to "sell" yourself at a Job Fair
- LinkedIn (30 minutes) - Learn about this professional networking site and how to set up your profile
- Maricopa Career Link (click here to get more information about this new tool - 30 minutes) - a career management system where students may explore and apply for jobs and internships, view and RSVP for Career Events, share their resume with employers, and explore career information and complete career assessments.
- Our department and the services that we provide - an overview of our website and how we can help
If you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-461-7429.We ask that you submit your request, using the google form provided, at least 2 weeks in advance to give our staff time to prepare. We will reach out to you with any questions and send a confirmation email once your presentation has been scheduled.
Employment for Students
Has an employer called you to post a job opening?
Please refer the employer to Career Services at 480-461-7592.