Schedule a Career Services Orientation for your class
Career Services can provide an orientation to our services for your students. Click the link below to schedule your presentation and choose 'Our department and the services that we provide' for your 5-10 minute overview of the Career Services department and how we can help your students.
Career Services can provide presentations to your students on a variety of topics:
- Our department and the services that we provide - an overview of our website and how we can help
- Branding Yourself (30 minutes) - how to present yourself in a professional manner. For example, how to answer the question "Tell me about yourself" in a way that shows off your skills and abilities in the professional world. The presentation also involves creating your "elevator speech" that can be used to "sell" yourself at a Job Fair
- O*Net/Career Coach and your job search (30-45 minutes) - this presentation requires each student to have access to a computer. YOU MUST arrange for the appropriate classroom space.
- Resume writing (45 minutes)
- Interview tips and skills (45 minutes)
- Maricopa PipelineAZ (click here to get more information about this tool - 30 minutes) - a career management system where students may explore and apply for jobs and internships, share their resume with employers, explore career information, and complete career assessments. This presentation requires each student to have access to a computer. YOU must arrange for the appropriate classroom space.
- Social Media and Networking (30 minutes) - The DOs and DON'Ts of all social media platforms and how your use of social media can have an effect on your job search
- LinkedIn (30 minutes) - Learn about this professional networking site and how to set up your profile
The MCC Career Services department also has a newly created canvas class that has helpful tips and videos on all of our presentation topics. If you are interested in access to our canvas class please complete this request form.
Don't forget to check out our videos on the Career Services page of the MCC YouTube channel.
If you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-461-7429. We ask that you submit your classroom presentation request at least 2 weeks in advance to give our staff time to prepare. We will reach out to you with any questions and send a confirmation email once your presentation has been scheduled.
Employment for Students
Has an employer called you to post a job opening?
Please refer the employer to Career Services at 480-461-7592.