Federal Work Study (FWS) means JOBS on campus for students. It is a form of federal financial aid. To be eligible, you must:
have a complete FAFSA on file at MCC
have an unmet financial need
enroll in at least six (6) credit hours
To determine your eligibility for this program, please go to the Enrollment Center and visit with the Financial Aid department to receive your FWS eligibility (green) slip.
Please review the student steps to obtaining a FWS job. In addition to the steps listed, you will need to apply to the FWS pool through our online HR system.
Please visit the Maricopa Jobs website to apply (job id: 310454). If you need help navigating the Maricopa Jobs website, or assistance with job searching techniques, please visit building 36N on the Southern and Dobson campus and ask the Career Services front desk staff for assistance (or call 480-461-7592).
FWS Job Openings
- Department Assistant/Web Developer - Testing Services @ Southern and Dobson
- Technology - Google Suite, Zoom, Chat, Meet, WebX, Social Media, YouTube, etc.
- Experience with web page design, development and updates
- English proficient - written and spoken English. Spanish Language proficiency a plus.
- Accurate work, motivated, with a love to learn
- Work as part of team and independently
- Will train
- During COVID 19 job will also include sanitizing work areas, computers and will act as triage point of contact when students arrive for appointments. Number of people in building at one time will be very limited
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour, Monday and Tuesday. 9am to 5pm. Some flexibility if needed.
To Apply: Please send letter of interest, resume and other related documents to our department. Email application material to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Kim Reely. You will need appropriate valid photo ID and social security card if hired for this position. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) for any FWS job.
- Computer Technology Services Assistant - CTS Department
- Imaging Computers
- Moving computers
- Repairing computers
- Surplusing computers
- Clerical duties (copy, file, sort, scan, create flyers, create folders, answer phone, take messages)
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week
MCC Federal Work-Study Supervisors
Use the FWS Job Order Form. Complete the form and forward to Career Services for posting. Please also remember to let us know when you have filled an opening, so we can keep our records current. Make sure to review and complete all items in the Department Process for Hiring Federal Work Study (FWS) Students.