Federal Work Study (FWS) means JOBS on campus for students. It is a form of federal financial aid. To be eligible, you must:
have a complete FAFSA on file at MCC
have an unmet financial need
enroll in at least six (6) credit hours (may vary for summer FWS)
To determine your eligibility for this program, go to MCC Enrollment Services and get your "FWS eligibility slip."
If you need assistance with job search techniques, please visit the Career Services front desk in the Thunderbird Student Success Center (building 36N) on the Southern and Dobson campus.
FWS Job Openings
- Office Assistant - Counseling Services
Duties: Performs various clerical duties which may include reception, customer service, answering phones, scheduling appointments, data entry, screening documents for accuracy and completeness, written correspondence, email, filing, and other duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay: $10.50 per hour, 10 hours per week. Varied shifts Monday through Thursday between 8am - 7:30pm, and Fridays 8am - 4pm.
How to Apply: Contact Amy Krist at 480-461-7587 for information or visit the Counseling department in building 37N on the Southern & Dobson campus.
- Financial Aid @ Red Mountain
Duties: Provide customer service assistance to current and prospective students at the front counter. One-stop enrollment services, including but not limited to admissions, registration, and financial aid. Provide general office support (i.e: document scanning, filing, data entry). This position is located at the Red Mountain campus only.
- High school diploma or GED and some college
- Experience providing courteous customer service over the phone or in person
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism including punctuality and reliability
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Experience with MS Office programs (word, excel, power point)
Pay Rate: $10.50 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week. Flexible work hours Monday - Thursday (8am - 6pm) and Friday (8am - 5pm)
To Apply: Contact Tori Stanton via phone (480-654-7760) or email (email@example.com) or visit the Mesquite building on the Red Mountain campus - Room M117.
- America Reads Tutor - Center for Community & Civic Engagement
Duties: The America Reads Program encourages tutors to help elementary-age children read well and independently.
Successful applicants will:
- Attend an orientation
- Attend mandatory weekly meetings on Fridays from 2:30pm - 4:30pm where you will be trained on reading techniques to use with children in the classroom
- Commit to work at one school with a set group of students for one year
- Complete or test out of RDG091
- Be willing to help plan events such as Scholastic Book Fair and Dr. Seuss' Birthday
Pay rate: $10.50 per hour, 10 hours per week.
To Apply: Contact Amanda Gryzkewicz at 480-461-6280 or visit the Center for Community & Civic Engagement in the Kirk Student Center (Lower Level) on the Southern and Dobson campus.
- Office Support (2 positions) - Community Outreach Center
Duties Include: This position will be the first point of contact for current and prospective students. Provide excellent customer service to a diverse population of students, employees and members of the public via telephone, email and in person. Perform other duties as assigned.
- extensive customer service experience
- experience using effective oral and written communication skills
- demonstrate experience performing multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- ability to multi-task
- preferably bi-lingual in spanish
Pay Rate: $10.50 per hour. Hours will vary depending on class schedule and need of the office. 18 to 19.5 hour per week
To Apply: Contact Monica Margaillan at 480-461-6140 or visit the Community Outreach Center in building GC54-B on the Southern and Dobson campus
- Office Assistant and Tutorial support (3 positions) - Athletics
Duties Include: Basic clerical duties such as data entry and document filing. Must have good oral and written communication skills, be willing to assist with academic tutoring, and work well with others. Other job duties as assigned
Pay Rate: $10.50 per hour. 15.5 - 19.5 hours per week
To Apply: Contact Sherman Forbes at 480-461-7048 or visit the Athletic Department in building PC-56 on the Southern and Dobson Campus
- Student Enrollment Assistant - Admissions & Records
Duties Include: Welcome students to the Enrollment Center, answer enrollment and registration questions, provide general information and direct to appropriate services; assist students using self-service computer stations, create student ID cards, and operate virtual waiting line technology; assist with special events and projects; provide general office support (i.e: document scanning, filing, data entry); assist students via phone and by email. Multiple positions available.
- excellent customer service and communication skills
- experience using computers
- excitement about MCC
- a desire to help other students
Pay Rate: $10.50 per hour. Up to 19.5 hours per week. Shifts vary: Monday - Friday (8am - 6pm)
To Apply: Download and complete the Enrollment Center FWS application. Submit the completed application, a cover letter, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have questions you can visit the Enrollment Center (building 39) on the Southern & Dobson Campus.