Federal Work Study (FWS) means JOBS on campus for students. It is a form of federal financial aid. To be eligible, you must:
have a complete FAFSA on file at MCC
have an unmet financial need
enroll in at least six (6) credit hours
To determine your eligibility for this program, please go to the Enrollment Center and visit with the Financial Aid department to receive your FWS eligibility (green) slip.
Please review the student steps to obtaining a FWS job. In addition to the steps listed, you will need to apply to the FWS pool through our online HR system.
Please visit the Maricopa Jobs website to apply (job id: 310454). If you need help navigating the Maricopa Jobs website, or assistance with job searching techniques, please visit building 36N on the Southern and Dobson campus and ask the Career Services front desk staff for assistance (or call 480-461-7592).
FWS Job Openings
- Office Assistant - Dental Hygiene/Certified Nursing Assistant Programs (Red Mountain)
- Clerical duties (copy, file, sort, scan, create flyers, create folders, answer phone, take messages)
- Scheduling appointments for prospective students
- Delivering light weight equipment to departments
- Event support: recognition ceremonies, orentations, meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week.
To Apply: Please visit Alyne Lijewski at the Red Mountain enrollment center (Mesquite building - cubible 1) and bring a copy of your résumé and cover letter. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 480-654-7824. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) for any FWS job.
- Office Assistant - Foundations for Student Success
- Provide general office support (ie: reception, photocopying, computer work, data entry, and running errands)
- Assist with planning, publicizing, setting up and taking down at workshops/boot camps; provide staff support at transfer fair, high school, and outreach events
- Marketing and communications support, including Canvas announcements and designing posters and flyers
- Peer Support - Provide general information and direct students participating in the First Year Experience program to appropriate services
- Provide back-up support to the team during outbound call and email campaigns
- Additional tasks and projects assigned by Foundations for Student Success staff.
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Allison Sleigh, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the position you can stop in to the Foundation for Student Success office located on the first floor of the library or call 480-461-7667. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) for any FWS job.
- Office Assistant - Instructional Support Services Department at Red Mountain (2 positions)
Duties Include: The position is the first point of contact for faculty and students. Performs basic clerical duties including: data entry, filing, document preparation, proofing, editing, and answering routine questions.
Pay Rate: $12.25 per hour, Mon-Thu: 7:30am-1:30pm OR Mon-Thu 1:30pm-7:30pm
To Apply: Please inquire via email at email@example.com or stop by MCC Red Mountain Office (Saguaro 276) with your resume. An application process and interview will be necessary. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any FWS job.
- Community Engagement Assistant- Center for Community & Civic Engagement
Duties Include: Customer Service, assisting with events, typing, filing, making copies, and using your personality to promote the department and its events at tabling opportunities on campus. Applicants must be reliable team players. Only positive minded students need apply.
Days/Times that nee to be filled:
- Monday 7:45 - 11:15am and 11am - 2:45pm
- Tuesday 11am - 2:45pm
- Wednesday 7:45am - 11:15am
- Thursday 11am - 2:45pm and 2:30pm - 6pm
- Friday *all students are required to attend a student staff meeting every Friday from 1-2pm
Pay Rate: $12 per hour
To Apply: Please complete our application and return to the Center for Community and Civic engagement. If you have questions you can call 480-461-7243 or stop in the lower level of building 35N (room 016). You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any FWS job.
- Academic Advising Assistant - Red Mountain Campus
- Peer Advising - Provides general information to new and continuing students about college requirements and procedures regarding registration, deadlines, leadership opportunities, student organizations, campus resources and special events.
- Clerical and administrative assistance related to advising and provides back-end data entry support
- Triage advising queue, assist students in scheduling/rescheduling appointments
- Assist Red Mountain advising team during outreach activities such as group advising, registration, classroom presentations, and new student orientation
- Provide back-up support to the team during outbound call and email campaigns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: $12 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week.
- Monday through Thursday (8am - 12pm) and Friday (10am - 1pm)
- Monday through Thursday (12pm - 4pm) and Friday (1pm - 4pm)
To Apply: Complete your application. Submit your application, résumé, and cover letter to the Red Mountain Enrollment Center (Mesquite Building). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any FWS job.
- America Reads Tutor - Center for Community and Civic Engagement
Duties Include: Successful applicants will attend an orientation, attend a mandatory weekly meeting on Fridays from 3pm - 4pm, commit to work at one school with a set group of students for one year, complete or test out of RDG091, and be willing to help plan events such as Scholastic Book Fair and Dr. Seuss' Birthday
Pay Rate: $13 per hour
To Apply: Stop in the Center for Community & Civic Engagement in the lower level of building 35N (room 016) to pick up an application. If you have questions you can call 480-461-7459. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any FWS job.
- Enrollment Services Assistant - Outreach/Transfer Services
Duties Include: Data entry of new prospective student records into Microsoft Dynamics CRM system, creation of CRM marketing lists and addition of students to appropriate marketing lists, data entry of new applications into Student Information System, assist with filing of student paper records in Enrollment Center, assist with preparation for events such as New Student Orientation, transfer fair, high school, and on campus recruitment and outreach events, assist with outreach to prospective students and new students via phone, audit and document spreadsheets based on information in student files, greet students in the University Transfer Center and track visits for data collection, and provide general information on transfer partnerships, appointments, New Student Enrollment process, and resources.
Pay Rate: $12 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week. Work hours will vary.
To Apply: Download, print, and complete the student worker application and return completed application along with a copy of your résumé to Tara Blomvall in building GC 54A - Room 310 on the Southern and Dobson campus.
- Student Gardener - MCC Rose Garden/Maintenance & Operations
Duties Include: Duties will be to assist with general maintenance of the Rose Garden at Mesa Community College. Seeking someone who is safety conscious and interested in horticulture or related subject matter and has:
- Experience with pulling weeds, pruning, fertilizing, trash pick-up, and/or watering
- The ability to lift 50 pounds and operate mechanical equipment
- The ability to work independently and responsibly
- The ability to work well with others (volunteers and the public)
- An interest in working outdoors between 5:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in varying temperatures
Pay Rate: $12 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week. Work hours will vary Monday through Friday between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
To Apply: Email email@example.com to request an application. If you have additional questions you can reach out to Tanya Smith at 480-461-7022. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any FWS job.
- Front Desk Assistant - English Department
Duties Include: Assistance to prospective and current students, faculty, other departments and college staff and general public both in person and over the phone, use of various online programs and files to locate data, document preparation, photocopying and scanning, filling out forms, mail distribution, campus errands, and other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: $12 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week. Early mornings are required...Monday through Friday starting at 8 a.m.
To Apply: Pick up an application at the English Department offices in the LA building on the Southern and Dobson campus. Once completed, you can return your application to the front desk of the English Department in the LA building. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any FWS job.
- Costume Shop Stitcher - Theatre and Film Arts
Duties Include: Creation and repair of costumes for the Theatre department. An ideal candidate will have taken THP201 or TEC111, have sewing experience, and be eager to learn new things.
Pay Rate: $12 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week. Hours vary. Shop hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
To Apply: Stop in to the office (TH-29) or call Ruth Sager at 480-461-7537 for additional information. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any FWS job.
- Student Enrollment Assistant - Enrollment Services (Admissions & Records)
Duties Include: Welcome students to the Enrollment Center, answer enrollment and registrations questions, provide general information and direct to appropriate services; assist students using self-service computer stations, create student ID cards, and operate virtual waiting line technology; assist with special events and projects; provide general office support (ie: document scanning, filing, data entry); assist students via phone and email. Multiple positions available.
Pay Rate: $12 or more per hour (based on eligibility), up to 19.5 hours per week
To Apply: Download and complete the Enrollment Center FWS application. Submit the completed application, a cover letter, and your résumé to Admissions and Records in the Enrollment Center Building (EC39). If you have questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any FWS job.
MCC Federal Work-Study Supervisors
Use the FWS Job Order Form. Complete the form and forward to Career Services for posting. Please also remember to let us know when you have filled an opening, so we can keep our records current. Make sure to review and complete all items in the Department Process for Hiring Federal Work Study (FWS) Students.