Federal Work Study (FWS) means JOBS on campus for students. It is a form of federal financial aid. To be eligible, you must:
have a complete FAFSA on file at MCC
have an unmet financial need
enroll in at least six (6) credit hours
To determine your eligibility for this program, please go to the Enrollment Center and visit with the Financial Aid department to receive your FWS eligibility (green) slip.
Please review the student steps to obtaining a FWS job. In addition to the steps listed, you will need to apply to the FWS pool through our online HR system.
Please visit the Maricopa Jobs website to apply (job id: 310454). If you need help navigating the Maricopa Jobs website, or assistance with job searching techniques, please visit building 36N on the Southern and Dobson campus and ask the Career Services front desk staff for assistance (or call 480-461-7592).
FWS Job Openings
- FWS - Student Employee / Testing Assistant (2 positions) - Testing Services
- Know the Enrollment Process and where testing fits into this process. We will train you as long as you are willing to learn and adapt to your role and be able to perform your job duty.
- Guide students how to maximize test preparation, knowledge of Boot Camps, retest policy.
- Test security, ethical expectations of students, reporting of academic dishonesty issues
- Review instructions for faculty exams, monitor spreadsheet(s), administer faculty exams
- Assists students with Student Center—self-service
- Administers college placement tests, ESL, faculty make-up exams. (but not their teacher)
- Phones, computers, excellent customer service.
- FERPA. Confidential workplace.
Pay Rate: $12.15 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week
To Apply: Please send your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any Federal Work Study position.
- Student Services Assistant - International Education
Provide support services to International students attending, or interested in attending, Mesa Community College. You must be a current full-time MCC student enrolled for Fall 2021 to qualify for this position. Both American and International Students are welcome to apply!
Pay Rate: $12.50 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week
To Apply: Please send your resume via email to Aziz.Alhadi@mesacc.edu. If you have any questions about this position, you can call 480-461-7753. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) if a department decides to hire you for any Federal Work Study position.
- Tour Guides - Outreach and Recruitment
The position will be the first point of contact for prospective students and their parents. Tour guides will deliver in-person and virtual campus tours associating buildings with programs of study, exploring points of interest, locations of services, etc. These tours could be in small, medium, or large groups. Tour guides may also be required to perform other job-related duties as assigned. The ideal candidate would have:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective oral communication skills
- Experience with social media
- Preferably bi-lingual in Spanish
- Responding to visit inquiries and serving as a consistent point of contact throughout the pre-visit process
- Maintaining records and contact lists for prospective students and their families
- The position may require work during evenings and weekends
Pay Rate: $12.15 per hour
To Apply: If you are interested, please scan the QR code on the flyer or email your resume to email@example.com or call (480) 461-6392 for more information. You will also need to apply through the district HR system (job ID# 310454) for any FWS job.
- Computer Technology Services Assistant - CTS Department
- Imaging Computers
- Moving computers
- Repairing computers
- Surplusing computers
- Clerical duties (copy, file, sort, scan, create flyers, create folders, answer phone, take messages)
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour, up to 19.5 hours per week
MCC Federal Work-Study Supervisors
Use the FWS Job Order Form. Complete the form and forward to Career Services for posting. Please also remember to let us know when you have filled an opening, so we can keep our records current. Make sure to review and complete all items in the Department Process for Hiring Federal Work Study (FWS) Students.