Want to be an Internship Site?
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE):
“An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.”
Your internship can provide valuable opportunities for our students. If you want to make a difference, please complete the Internship Interest form by clicking the blue button.
What we are looking for in an Internship Site
At MCC we want our students to receive a valuable internship experience. Therefore there are a few guidelines we follow when looking at an internship site:
- Internship sites must have a physical office address, we do not promote internship sites based out of residental homes.
- Internships must include hands on work experiences that enhance what students learn in the classroom. It should not be simply to advance the operations of the employer (filing paperwork, answering phones, etc.).
- Interns should be supervised by a professional with expertise / an educational background in the specific field the intern is participating in.
- We strongly encourage paid or stipended internships. This is inline with a recent statement put out by National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). You can read their position statement here. Unpaid internships will be limited to 10 hrs a week.
- Internship sites must be able to provide the proper paperwork to be approved by Maricopa Community College District (MCCD). See paperwork below.
What does the process look like?
- Fill out the Employer Interest Form
- The Internship Coordinator will be in touch to set up a meeting
- Fill out and submit the appropriate paperwork (see below), and wait for MCCCD Approval (this can take up to two weeks)
- Internship Coordinator will promote your internship
- Internship Site will handle interviewing and onboarding practices
- Internship Coordinator will check in to see how the intern is doing
Every employer hosting an MCC intern needs to submit the proper forms to be an approved site. This is to ensure the safety of our students. Each site needs to submit one EEPA and a Certificate of Insurance (COI)
Experiential Educational Partnership Agreement (EEPA)
The EEPA is stating that you are an extension of MCC. Since they will be employed by you, you are responsible for compensation and ensuring their safety with the proper liability insurance. However, we reserve the right to be able to ask questions and evaluate the students performance in your internship, as well as asking the student about their experience in your internship. This will not be an exclusive relationship with MCC. There are seperate EEPA's based on if the internship is paid or not, so please be sure to submit the correct one.
Certificate of Insurance (COI)
Maricopa Community College District needs to see a COI to insure the students will be covered should something occur while on the job. Maricopa Community College District needs to be listed as an additional insured. Your insurance company should be able to provide this.
We are trying to grow the internship program here at MCC, and we want to make sure students are getting the most out of it by having the option to take it for credit. Even if there is no need for it now, we want everything to be in place should a student decide to go that route
Download the Paid Internship EEPA: Paid EEPA.pdf
Download the UNPAID Internship EEPA: Unpaid EEPA.pdf
Donwload Instructions on How to Fill out COI: Certificate of Insurance Information.pdf
For all general requests please call our main phone number at 480-461-7592.