Apply to Phi Theta Kappa!
New Member OrientationSeptember 4 at Red Mountain 1:30 - 3:00 in PV-209 September 5 at S&D 1:30 - 3:00 in LB-145 September 12 at S&D 5:00 - 6:00 in LB-145
Membership empowers you with a competitive edge
Offers members opportunities to apply for nearly $90 million in scholarships opportunities from Phi Theta Kappa, partnering senior colleges, universities and foundations – a benefit unmatched by other honor societies.
Become a Member
Download and complete the PTK membership application.
download as .pdf | download as .docx
- Click for more benefits!
The Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin
A Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate and ID Card
Recognition during college induction ceremony
The official Seal of Phi Theta Kappa placed on your college diploma
Notation of membership on your college transcript
Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa Commencement Regalia during college graduation and other official ceremonies
A Press Release announcing your academic achievement
- Free enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
Free access to Five Star Competitive Edge, a personal and professional development plan for building marketable skills and an online portfolio
Free access to the Phi Theta Kappa Career Resource Center
Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene
Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
Opportunity to become part of a network of over 3 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,300 campuses worldwide
Increased pay grade for entry level federal jobs
Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
Special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners
Do I Qualify?
- Are You: currently enrolled in at least 1 credit hour, 100-level or above, at Mesa Community College?
- Have You: completed 12 credit hours of course work over 100-level at a Maricopa Community College?
- Do You: have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher?
- If you can YES to these three questions - follow the application instructions below!
- If you received an invitation, visit ptk.org/join
- Click on the orange "Join" button and follow prompts to join and pay
- Download, complete and return the bottom portion of the PTK application.
- A Phi Theta Kappa Advisor will verify eligibility
- After verification:
- You will receive an email to accept membership on-line ptk.org/join
- Are you transferring to Mesa Community College and want to transfer your Phi Theta Kappa membership as well? Contact your PTK representative.