Contact PIRC Lab
Southern & Dobson
Building: AD 42
Monday - Thursday: 7am - 7pm
Friday: 7am - 4pm
2nd Floor Desert Willow
Monday - Thursday: 7am - 8:30pm
Friday: 7am - 4pm
Saturday: 10am - 2pm
The Psychology Instructional Resource Center (PIRC) is a computerized learning center that provides resources and technology to help students learn psychology.
- A fully staffed Tutoring Center providing primary assistance to students in Introductory Psychology, Introductory Statistics, and Research Methods.
- A one-credit, self-paced laboratory course (PSY 102) can be completed in the PIRC.
- Provides computerized content overviews and simulations, drill and practice questions, and/or tutorials for self-study.
- Access to Microsoft Office, internet, online library resources, journals, and SPSS.
- Educational Resources.
- 3D models of brains and sense organs for study.
- Oculus Quest 2 VR headset for psychology-related, virtual-reality experiences.
Our psychology tutors are ready to support you in your learning and success. Primary assistance is provided in the areas of Introductory Psychology, Introductory Statistics and Research Methods. Connect with our tutors using one of the options below:
- Students can drop-in at the PIRC at AD-2E (subject to capacity limitations)
- Reserve a tutoring appointment at our webpage using these instructions.
- Receive tutoring online at our Virtual Tutoring Center
Friday Movies at the PIRC
- Fun psychology themed movies every week in the PIRC.
- Free admission and free popcorn available.
- Upcoming Schedule: TBA
PSY 102 is a one-credit, pass-fail credit that you can register for and complete at your own pace, over the course of a semester. It's a great way to improve your PSY 101 grade (if you take the two courses together) and earn a college credit at the same time. Many PSY 101 instructors even offer substantial extra credit for successful completion of PSY 102, when both courses are completed during the same semester.
- How do I get started? After registering for one of our PSY102 courses, you will go to either the PIRC, go through a brief computer orientation and pick up your PSY 102 manual. Southern & Dobson students pick up their PSY 102 manuals in the PIRC. Red Mountain students pick up their PSY 102 manuals on the second floor of the Red Mountain Library at the Circulation Desk.
- How do I complete it? Some of the work in the manual must be completed in the PIRC lab, but other activities can be completed wherever it works best for you. Most students report that it takes between 16 and 20 hours to complete.