The Honors in Action project encourages students to work together on a research project and develop a program to benefit the community beyond our campus grounds.
The Honors in Action Project enables students to address a substantial need in the community by developing a service project based on detailed research.
The Honors in Action Committee meets during the summer from 3:30-5:00pm in LA 4N. Those that are interested in helping with this project for the community are welcome to attend.
The Honors Study Topic is an biennial, interdisciplinary, and timely topic of interest related to global challenges. "Frontiers and the Spirit of Exploration" is the Honors Study Topic for January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2016.
Themes under "Frontiers and the Spirit of Exploration"
Currently, the Omicron Beta Chapter's Honors in Action team has divided up the 9 themes designated by Phi Theta Kappa to choose the ultimate one theme that they would like to research and study for the year. This years 2015-2016 team is currently researching all the themes in order to determine what theme they have a passion for.
- THEME 1: The Nature of the Quest
- THEME 2: Ideas and Ideologies as Frontiers
- THEME 3: Quests of Human Expression
- THEME 4: Exploring the Natural Environment
- THEME 5: Celestial Frontiers
- THEME 6: Frontiers of Temporal and Spatial Physics
- THEME 7: Health and Medicine as Frontiers
- THEME 8: Exploring Political Economy
- THEME 9: Borders and Boundaries