Learn more about the Networking and Security program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
- Jump to the Course Sequence
- Print Course Sequence
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise Core builds the knowledge and skills needed for professional-level networking technologies and architecture. This CCL includes the fundamental concepts of virtualization, network assurance, security, and automation, as well as hands-on opportunities to apply these concepts to real-world applications. Students with the requisite experience in the field who complete this CCL can pursue employment in a variety of information technology jobs. This CCL also helps to prepare students for the Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies (ENCOR) certification exam aligned with the CCNP Enterprise, CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure, CCIE Enterprise Wireless, and Cisco Certified Specialist - Enterprise core certifications.
Additional Certificates of Completion (CCLs) in Cisco Certified Network Security (CCNA Security), Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise, Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise Core and Advanced Routing and Services, Cisco Network Administration: CCNP, as well as an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Network and Systems Administration, are also available.
Important information you’ll need when applying for admission:
- Field of Interest
- Computer and Information Technology
- Certificate of Completion (CCL)
- Academic Plan
- Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise Core (CER)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Effective Term
- Fall 2022
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
This Certificate of Completion (CCL) is intended for industry professionals with the requisite skills aligned with the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) industry certification who are interested in expanding their knowledge in the area in professional-level networking or to enhance their employment opportunities. Speak to a program director for additional information.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco intermediary network devices applying industry best practices and standards.
- Design, configure, and troubleshoot a campus network using advanced and multi-layer switching technologies and automation.
- Configure Layer 2 and Layer 3 traffic forwarding.
- Configure and troubleshoot wireless technologies.
- Explain multicast protocols and Quality of Service (QoS) models.
- Configure different routing protocols and various overlay tunnels.
- Explain the characteristics of scalable network architectures.
- Analyze how fabric networks allow traditional networks to be more manageable and secure.
- Configure and troubleshoot enterprise networks.
- Explain the purpose and characteristics of network and server virtualization.
- Explain common network programmability concepts and programmatic methods of management.
- Apply basic programming and automation.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this certificate. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Computer Network Support Specialists
$61,288 Show expanded career information for Computer Network Support Specialists
Information Security Analysts
$102,495 Show expanded career information for Information Security Analysts
Network and Computer Systems Administrators
$80,551 Show expanded career information for Network and Computer Systems Administrators
This Certificate of Completion (CCL) is intended for industry professionals with the requisite experience. To pursue this CCL, students must complete the following prerequisites to the courses within the Required Course area as follows with a C or better OR have a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) industry certification OR receive permission of the Program Director:
CNT140AB Introduction to Networks 4
+ CNT150AB Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials 4
+ CNT160AB Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation 4
Students also have the option to complete the full CCL in this program, Cisco Network Administration: CCNP (major code 5037), that includes the prerequisites and required courses.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include FYE101 and FYE103. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
Note: Because you are viewing this pathway map on a mobile device, some columns below have been hidden. To view all columns, please rotate your device or view this page on a device with a larger screen.
|Course Number||Course Name||Requisites||Notes||Area||Credits|
|Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise Core or (Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise Core I and Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise Core II)||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CNT160AB, or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) industry certification, or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CNT160AB, or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) industry certification, or permission of Instructor. and Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CNT240AA.||Critical course Gateway course||8|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Become a Student
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Networking and Security program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Course Area Key
Gateway Course = Generally the first major-specific course in a pathway.
Critical Course = A course that is highly predictive of future success in a pathway.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an academic advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise Core (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm11?id=173502).
Previous Catalog Years
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. All previous catalog years for this pathway map are available at the link below.
Previous catalog years for Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Cisco Certified Network Professional: Enterprise Core