The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Data Analytics program is designed to prepare students to model, synthesize, analyze, and present large data sets for business decision making. Courses will focus on the techniques and computer software used in industry to extract data from various data sources, model and integrate that data, and then visualize this data for business decision making and intelligence gathering.
Important information you’ll need when applying for admission:
- Field of Interest
- Computer and Information Technology
- Academic Plan
- Data Analytics (CER)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Program Notes
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
CIS214DE is not equivalent to CIS214DA for the purposes of this certificate and should not be used to complete program requirements. Students who have completed GBS221 can use this course in lieu of GBS220.
Computer Information System (CIS) courses required by this program are not applicable if taken more than eight (8) years prior to the completion of the program of study. Consult with an Academic Advisor for complete information.
What You’ll Learn
This certificate will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Use a computer spreadsheet program to create, store, modify, and print electronic spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to set up, maintain, and use a database management program.
- Design and create database structures to store, retrieve, update, and display data in a relational database using SQL.
- Identify the fundamental characteristics and functions of modern business, including business principles, marketing, labor relations, and business risk.
- Solve probability applications.
- Distinguish between continuous and discrete variables for business intelligence.
- Calculate and interpret descriptive statistics for either raw or grouped data.
- Use descriptive and inferential statistical techniques and confidence levels for decision making when testing hypotheses.
- Use regression and correlation analysis to interpret the results.
- Apply data modeling techniques for data visualization and informed decision making.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS117DM||Microsoft Access: Database Management||3|
|CIS214DA||Advanced Excel for Data Analytics||3|
|CIS217AM||Advanced Microsoft Access: Database Management (3) OR|
|CIS276DA||MySQL Database (3) OR|
|CIS276DB||SQL Server Database (3)||3|
|GBS151||Introduction to Business||3|
|GBS220||Quantitative Methods in Business (3) OR|
|GBS221||Business Statistics (3)||3|
|MAT150||College Algebra/Functions (5) OR|
|MAT151||College Algebra/Functions (4) OR|
|MAT152||College Algebra/Functions (3) OR|
|MAT155||College Algebra/Functions with Review (5) OR|
|MAT156||College Algebra/Functions with Review (6) OR|
|Satisfactory District math placement (0)||0-6|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD's curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Data Analytics (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=151175).
Full Award Details
- First Term
- 2020 Fall
- Final Term
- Total Credits
- CIPS code
- SOC codes
- Program Availability
- MC, SC
- Occupational Area
- Information Technology
- Last Updated