CCL Sustainable Agriculture
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Sustainable Agriculture program focuses on hands-on skills in sustainable agriculture, agribusiness, and urban farming.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
|RC||AGS164||Plant Growth and Development||4|
|RC||AGS165AA||Fall Sustainable Crop Production||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AGS164 or permission of Instructor.||3|
|RC||AGS262||Irrigation Design, Installation, Operation, and Trouble Shooting||3|
|RC||CHM130||Fundamental Chemistry||Prerequisites: C or better in [CHM090 or MAT090 or MAT091 or MAT092 or (MAT103AA & MAT103AB) or higher or satisfactory placement score] and [RDG100 or higher or eligibility for CRE101], or permission of the Instructor/Department/Division Chair.||3|
|RC||FON161||Sustainable Food Production Systems||3|
|RC||AGB130||Establishing And Running An Agribusiness||3|
|RC||AGS165AB||Spring Sustainable Crop Production||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AGS164 or permission of Instructor.||3|
|RC||AGS260||Soils||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CHM130 or permission of Instructor.||4|
|RC||AGS268||Integrated Pest Management in the Cultivated Environment||4|
|RE||AGB132||Agribusiness and Management||3|
|RE||AGS186||Greenhouse Management And Construction||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Sustainable Agriculture (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=108102).