The Library maintains current subscriptions to approximately 630 titles. For many of these titles back issues are purchased in microform format annually. Funds for periodical subscriptions are very limited and each request is considered on an individual basis.
Some questions considered when subscription requests are received:
- What other titles do we already have in the subject area
- What programs or courses it supports
- What is the cost of the subscription
- Where is the title indexed and do we have those indexes
- Is the title available in a full-text electronic service.
The final deciding factor, however, is still the availability of funds. Any requests received will be considered by the library when the annual renewal list which comes in July is prepared.