2015 Time Lapse Video
Graduation is a time to pay tribute to each member of the graduating class. As students of Mesa Community College you have left, and will continue to leave, an indelible legacy of achievement and a tradition of excellence for generations to come.
Friday, May 10, 2019
- 1833 West Southern Avenue, Center Courtyard, Mesa, AZ 85202
- Processional begins at 7:15 p.m.
- Program begins at 7:30 p.m.
- The ceremony will be held outdoors. In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will proceed as long as conditions are safe. If conditions become unsafe (e.g. lightning in the immediate vicinity, flooding, etc.), the ceremony will be canceled. If there are weather concerns, graduates and guests can find updates on MCC’s social media pages.
- The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours. As a courtesy to others, please stay for the entire ceremony.
- Tickets are not required for this event. Seating - you can invite as many people as you'd like.
- Cap/gown, tassels, honor cords (if applicable) and five announcements (additional announcements are available for $9.99 for a pack of 5 at the Bookstore) will be available for pickup at the Southern/Dobson Campus Bookstore. The Bookstore's hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Important information related to your commencement:
- April 5, 2019 - Last day to pay and have your name appear in the printed program.
- April 12, 2019 - Last day to officially request a refund for commencement fees for non-participants.
- April 25, 2019 - Last day to pay to participate in the ceremony.
- Cap and gown is required to participate in the ceremony.
- Students who paid the commencement fee by the March 1 deadline, can pick up graduation attire from April 29-May 3.
- Students who paid the commencement fee after the March 1 deadline, can pick up graduation attire from May 6-10.
- All items should be picked up within your specified distribution date. Gowns are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. In the event your size/height is not available, you will be given the next closest size.
- Student check-in is at 6:15 p.m. in the Kirk Student Center.
- Check-in is set up by last name.
- Cards are alphabetized by last name.
- Line up begins at 6:45 p.m.
- The line will begin marching at 7:00 p.m., the processional starts promptly at 7:15 p.m.
- A-K will be seated on the east side of courtyard.
- L-Z will be seated on the west side of courtyard.
- Programs will be on your chair.
- Closed captioning for the hearing impaired can be viewed from the video screen.
- Honor designations are as of the end of the fall semester for spring graduates.
- Names are read as students cross the stage.
- Cards are pre-printed.
- Prior to the ceremony the tassel should be located on the front-right side of the cap.
(Remember - it's LEFT to leave)
- Students should wear comfortable low heeled shoes.
- Let your friends and family know that you are graduating from MCC by adding a Grad Badge to your Facebook timeline. To add a badge to your timeline visit mesacc.edu/graduation and click on graduation badges in the left navigation, then click "Like" on the badge of your choice.
- This year family and friends who are unable to attend the ceremony in person can point their browser to mesacc.edu/live on Friday, May 10, at 7:30 p.m. to watch the ceremony.
- To purchase a DVD of the ceremony click here.
- Tag MCC in your social media posts using #mesaccgraduation. Planning on decorating your mortarboard hat? Take a photo and share it or other graduation photos on MCC's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Code of Conduct
- Be respectful of other graduates.
- You may carry water and flowers.
- Please turn off/silence cell phones.
- No animals except for service animals.
- No children in line or in graduate seating areas.
- No smoking allowed anywhere on campus.
- If you (the graduate) have special accommodations (blind/visually impaired, deaf/hard of hearing, wheelchair, scooter, crutches, etc...) please notify Jennifer Biggs at 480-461-7794 no later than Friday, May 3.
- Accessible seating for guests is on a first-come, first served basis and will be available in the front rows of the grassy section in the center courtyard. Space is limited and fills up quickly. Please have family/guests check in at the Clock Tower and a volunteer will assist them. Due to volume of attendees they may be asked to limit the size of the party and/or split up.
Maps & Parking
All parking lots are open and available for you and your guests. No parking passes are required. Click here to view a map of the campus.
Be sure to view the interactive campus map to find the most convenient parking.
What to Wear
Dress comfortably and appropriately. Hat decorations okay as appropriate. Ethnic symbols, sashes, ribbons are okay. Cap and gown are required to walk in ceremony.
Security & Safety Measures
- No weapons on campus.
- No alcohol permitted on campus.
- Guests and family members will not be permitted to congregate at the base of the stage.
- Non-emergency, 480-461-7046. Emergency, 480-784-0911.
It's Your Responsibility
Contact your advisor for specific questions about your program of study or graduation requirements or visit the Advisement & Registration Services website.
- Your diploma will be mailed to your address on record. Please notify the Records Office of any address changes. All financial obligations to MCC must be cleared before we can release your degree and/or certificate and transcripts. Log in to my.maricopa.edu to update your address and check for any important messages.