MCC College Police, in conjunction with the Mesa Police Department, conducts programs throughout the year to inform students and employees of safety and security policies, procedures, and practices. Additional crime prevention presentations are available by special request.
- Mesa Police Department has a comprehensive Victim Services Program. Victim Services Specialists are available to assist with issues related to being the victim of a crime-such as Victim Compensation applications, counseling, and support group referrals, and referrals to other community service agencies as needed. Additionally, Victim Services Specialists are available to help victims navigate the criminal justice system and exercise their statutory rights.
You may contact the Victim Services Unit at (480) 644-4075 to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.
- College Police Department provides on-campus escort services between buildings and parking lots. Call College Police at 17046 from any campus telephone. An officer will respond to your location and accompany you to your vehicle.
- Assistance will be provided to disabled motor vehicle owners who lock their keys inside their vehicles.
- Campus police officers are trained to respond in emergency situations.
- College Police officers routinely conduct facilities inspections to ensure a safe campus.
Lost and found property is kept at the College Police Office, which is located at the S/W corner of the campus. If you lose property at the College, please check with College Police to ascertain if the item has been found. The telephone number is (480) 461-7046 (or 17046 from a campus phone).
Articles turned in to Lost and Found will be held for thirty days. Items not claimed within this period of time will be disposed of in accordance with established procedure.
At the beginning of each fall and spring semester, Mesa Community College conducts a general student orientation program. This program includes information and instruction regarding college safety and security policies, procedures, and practices.
Timely reports of all criminal activity reported to College Police are made available through weekly updates. Copies of the College Police Reports are available in the College Police Office.
All students, employees, and visitors are encouraged to be active participants in the college's efforts to keep the campus a safe place. You can become involved by taking common sense precautions with your personal safety and the security of your property. College Police recommends that all members of the college community maintain a constant awareness of their surroundings and control of personal property. You also should report any observation of suspected crimes, unusual or suspicious activities, and emergencies to College Police.