All students who officially withdraw from the college or individual classes by the withdrawal process, will receive a refund based on the MCCCD Official Refund Schedule. Deadlines that fall on a weekend or a college holiday will advance to the next college workday. (Course fees are refundable only if the student qualifies for a 100% refund)
Refunds for students receiving federal financial assistance are subject to federal guidelines. Please contact Financial Aid for further assistance.
ALL Refunds and deposits that may be due to a student will first be applied to debts that the student owes the college. When Federal student aid is used by the student recipient to pay for tuition fees, the refund will be returned to the Federal fund, and not to the student.
NOTE: Stopping Payment on your check payment does not constitute official withdrawal, and will result in additional fees and collection costs.
A request for a partial or full refund outside the above specified parameters must be made in writing to the Office of Admissions & Records for the following reasons only:
- A student with a serious illness, verifiable by a doctor's written statement that the illness prevents the student from attending all classes for the semester. The doctor's statement must be on file with the college before a refund will be approved and issued.
- Serious illness or death of a family member that prevents the student from attending all classes for the semester. Appropriate documentation must be provided before a refund will be approved and issued.
- Death of a student. Appropriate documentation must be provided before a refund can be approved and issued.
- A student in the Armed Forces of the Arizona National Guard who is called to active duty and assigned to a duty station, verifiable by a copy of the orders, will be allowed to withdraw and receive a 100% refund of tuition, provided courses have not been completed. (special and miscellaneous fees will not be refunded)
- Refund Exception Form
- MCC does not accept personal identifiable information through email or fax.
Documents sent in this manner will not be processed.
How to Obtain a Refund
You must officially drop or withdraw from classes during the appropriate refund period in order to be eligible for a refund.
See that refund schedule here.
Once a student has officially dropped or withdrawn from classes and is eligible for a refund they must contact Cashier Services to receive their refund. (refunds are not automatically guaranteed or generated)
Proper Identification is required for all students seeking a refund. Proper identification consists of a picture ID - Valid driver's license or state identification card, current MCC student ID card, or similar.
If you paid in Cash, Check or through the Payment Plan
Apply by phone 480-461-7000 or in person to request a refund through the Maricopa Student Refund Program - MSRP. Refunds are processed in the Cashier Office and disbursed by Money Network® through MSRP. Students will receive notice of a refund disbursed, through MSRP, to their official Maricopa student email account. After the funds are disbursed to Money Network®, it takes 3-10 business days for processing and funds to be available.
Payments made by check or money order will be refunded after 10 business days from the date the payment posted. Earlier processing is possible upon presentation of evidence of successful clearance of payment.
A fee of $15 will be charged for each returned check.
If you paid by Credit Card
You may apply by phone 480-461-7000 or in person to request a refund to be credited back to the original credit card. If you apply in person, you will need to bring the original credit card to Cashier Services and the card will be credited. Please have your credit card ready for the cashier.