The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Sustainable Agriculture program focuses on hands-on skills in sustainable agriculture, agribusiness, and urban farming.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Sustainable Agriculture (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|AGS164||Plant Growth and Development||RC||4|
|AGS165AA||Fall Sustainable Crop Production||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AGS164 or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|AGS262||Irrigation Design, Installation, Operation, and Trouble Shooting||RC||3|
|CHM130||Fundamental Chemistry||Prerequisites: C or better in [CHM090 or MAT090 or MAT091 or MAT092 or (MAT103AA & MAT103AB) or higher or satisfactory placement score] and [RDG100 or higher or eligibility for CRE101], or permission of the Instructor/Department/Division Chair.||RC||0–3|
|FON161||Sustainable Food Production Systems||RC||3|
|AGB130||Establishing And Running An Agribusiness||RC||3|
|AGS165AB||Spring Sustainable Crop Production||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AGS164 or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|AGS260||Soils||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CHM130 or permission of Instructor.||RC||4|
|AGS268||Integrated Pest Management in the Cultivated Environment||RC||4|
|AGB132||Agribusiness and Management||RE||3|
|AGS186||Greenhouse Management And Construction||RE||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HU = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Sustainable Agriculture (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=132994).