CCL CNC Machining II
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
This program will be replaced by: CCL/5102 CNC Machining II
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in CNC Machining II builds on the skills and knowledge developed by the student in the Level I Program. The additional courses are designed to improve the student's understanding of the manufacturing processes employed in a modern manufacturing business to produce the Computer Aided Design (CAD) representation into an end product. The focus of these classes is to understand the limitations and capabilities of the manufacturing equipment in producing precision products.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- List and describe advantages and disadvantages of the Additive Manufacturing (AM) process.
- Describe safe practices within a manufacturing environment by listing ten observable conditions that could indicate the presence of health and safety hazards.
- Solve problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions and decimal numbers.
- Solve geometry problems involving triangles, polygons, and circles.
- Describe the electrical and mechanical specifications of relays and solenoids.
- Write a CNC program to control CNC machine functions, multi-axis coordinate path and miscellaneous CNC machine functions.
- List and describe the mechanical and physical properties of metals.
- Plan manufacturing processes for machining and finishing from mechanical prints.
- Identify and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT) symbology.
- Apply principles of GDT to the establishment of functional gaging activities.
- Demonstrate CNC Machining Center operations and controllers.
- Demonstrate the procedure for start-up, mode selection, and shut down of CNC Machining Center.
- Demonstrate the use of basic CNC Machining Center tooling, and tool holders.
- Demonstrate CNC Turning Center operations and controllers.
- Demonstrate production use of a CNC Machining and Turning Center.
- Demonstrate advanced editing, program manipulation, and optimization utilizing canned cycles.
- Determine a tool cutter path and generate a program with a CAD/CAM system.
- Perform manual milling, manual lathe and manual grinding operations while maintaining specific tolerances defined by blueprint requirements.
- Use solid parts to generate engineering data.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|DFT255||3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing||3|
|GTC107||Technical Mathematics I (3) OR Satisfactory score on math placement test.||0-3|
|GTC108||Technical Mathematics II||3|
|GTC216||Properties of Materials||3|
|MFG100||Tool Room: Introduction to Machine Processes||2|
|MFG102||Machine Processes, Theory and Application||3|
|MFG111||Machine Trades Print Reading and Inspection||4|
|MFG113||Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning Application||3|
|MFG214||CNC: Operator Training||3|
|MFG215||CNC Operator Training II||3|
|MFG236||CAD/CAM Mastercam Programming Level I||3|
|MFG250||Machining Level I: NIMS Level I Certification Test Preparation||6|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in CNC Machining II (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=121108).