CCL CNC Machine Operator
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in CNC Machine Operator prepares students for employment as entry level operators and technicians in the manufacturing industry. The program provides applied skills in the operation of manual/Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machines for current and future needs of the manufacturing industry. Certificates of Completion (CCLs) in CNC Machining I and CNC Machining II and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Manufacturing Production Technology are also available.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Perform basic preventive maintenance checks on Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment.
- Safely start up, operate and power down Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment.
- Use a fundamental understanding of technical documentation to safely monitor CNC equipment.
- Appropriately use tool and work holding devices.
- Demonstrate the ability to set a tool compensation including height, length, diameter, and wear.
- Use appropriate devices to confirm a part's compliance.
- Use a fundamental understanding of program code to properly operate a CNC machine.
- Effectively document work.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|MPT130||CNC Machine Operator (6) OR|
|MPT130MP||CNC Machine Operator (6)||6|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in CNC Machine Operator (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=146560).