We are Your Partner for Student Success
We partner with other faculty to support all of our students to achieve success. You have a librarian assigned to your subject area. We’d love to work with you!
- We provide research support 24/7 through our Ask A Librarian chat service, one-on-one consultations, point of need research help at the Reference Desk, and through our Research Guides.
- We offer Information Literacy instruction in a variety of modalities and utilizing different learning objects.
- We collaborate with faculty to develop effective research assignments that promote student learning and success.
- Not only do we help with finding relevant library content to embed into your classes, we also help you with finding Open Educational Resources.
- We encourage you to support your students with access to course materials for those without the resources to buy them. Please consider putting a copy of your textbook on Reserve.
We Provide Diverse, Scholarly Collections
We provide access to diverse and current collections that support the curricular focus of our programs and the teaching mission of the college.
- Materials are available physically and virtually to support all teaching modalities, including a variety of formats and media types (streaming videos, books/ebooks, images, popular & scholarly articles, and more).
- The library databases are available to students and employees from any location 24/7.
- We welcome suggestions for purchasing books/materials that support the curriculum or your subject area. Request materials with our materials request form or contact your library liaison.
We Help Build an Inclusive & Accessible Environment for Students
We provide students with a variety of inclusive and accessible environments, both physically and virtually, that support their academic and personal needs.
- Between both campus libraries, the physical learning spaces include large computer commons areas and laptop checkout; group, individual, and family-friendly study rooms; a silent study room; outdoor patio areas; a reflection room; a lactation room; and a variety of flexible seating areas.
- We collaborate with different courses and student groups to create physical and virtual displays.
- Our website creates an environment that fosters equity between face-to-face and online students by providing online research guides and support.
- Our online content is ADA compliant and mobile devices friendly. Many article databases offer text-to-speech technology or translate content to other languages and our video databases offer transcripts (sometimes interactive) and closed captions.