Interpreter Resources

Contact Lisa Hitzler

Supervisor of Access Service for Deaf / Hard of Hearing
Phone: 480-461-7327
Fax: 480-461-7907

MCC welcomes Interpreters for the Deaf with Registry of Interpreters (RID) certifications and state license from Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (ACDHH) to apply for an hourly interpreter position.

Steps to Employment at MCC

  • Set a meeting with the Supervisor of Access Service for Deaf / Hard of Hearing
  • Bring your resume, your certification, and state license card to the initial meeting.
  • Any additional information that will assist us in placing you in appropriate classes.

All personal information is placed in a file for future use and auditing purposes. A copy of the ACDHH state license card and RID certification card are expected to be turned in upon your annual renewal dates. Once it is determined that you have followed the requirements to become a temporary employee, the Supervisor of Interpreting Services will have a one-on-one orientation to prepare you for the semester. MCC Interpreter’s Handbook has been prepared for the interpreters to refer when necessary. Interpreters are responsible for following the policy and procedures specified in the handbook and National Standards ( All interpreters are required to sign a form of acknowledgment that you clearly understand the policy and procedures in the handbook.

Upon earning a new certification, MCC Interpreter Services department must receive a copy of the certification before new pay is implemented. In order to maintain scheduling with MCC interpreting services, interpreters will need to submit hours of availability each semester through the DRS website by accessing the form called Interpreter Contact Form from the school for whom you will be interpreting.