John Ohl Articles
A $1000 memorial scholarship is now available.
Please Note: Student's Spring 2019 enrollment is at least 6 credit hours AND must submit the application by the deadline of Friday, February 22, 2019.
The Ohl family administers this scholarship.
Applicant requirements are:
- Student’s Fall 2018 enrollment is at least 6 credit hours
- Student’s GPA is 3.0 or above
- Student has completed, or is in the process of completing, at least one History class at MCC
- Student has completed at least 12 credit hours at MCC
- Applicant is pursuing an MCC degree
- Completed application submitted by February 22, 2019.
John Kennedy Ohl
For over 30 years, Dr. John Kennedy Ohl was a mainstay of the MCC History department. All who knew him respected his expansive knowledge and academic excellence. His prodigious work ethic enabled him to author countless articles, essays, book reviews, and three historical biographies. John prized academic excellence and modeled it in his classroom. He received the Faculty Excellence Award in 2004, in recognition of his professional and teaching accomplishments.
Dr. Ohl’s Academic Degrees:
Bachelor of Science in Education from Slippery Rock State College
Magistri Artium from Duquesne University
Master of Science of Library Science
Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Cincinnati
This scholarship is administered by the Social Science Department
Social Sciences Department Scholarship
A $500 scholarship and a $150 runner up scholarship will be available Fall 2019. A new application will be posted at that time.
Application requirements are:
- Student must be a current MCC student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Student completed at least 12 credit hours at MCC
- Student's GPA is 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Student must have previously taken at least one Economics, History, or Political Science course at MCC.