The John Ohl Memorial Scholarship
John Ohl Articles
Win a $1,000 memorial scholarship!
Deadline to Apply: Friday, March 3, 2023
Please note: A student's Spring 2023 enrollment is at least six (6) credit hours AND must submit the application by the noted deadline. For questions, please contact Courtney Smith at 480-461-7241 or via email at email@example.com.
Click Here for the John Ohl Memorial Scholarship Application
The Ohl family administers this scholarship.
Applicant requirements are:
- Student’s current enrollment is at least six (6) credit hours
- Student’s GPA is 3.0 or above
- Student has completed, or is in the process of completing, at least one History class at MCC
- Student has completed at least 12 credit hours at MCC
- Applicant is pursuing an MCC degree
- Completed application deadline TBA.
John Kennedy Ohl
For over 30 years, Dr. John Kennedy Ohl was a mainstay of the MCC History department. All who knew him respected his expansive knowledge and academic excellence. His prodigious work ethic enabled him to author countless articles, essays, book reviews, and three historical biographies. John prized academic excellence and modeled it in his classroom. He received the Faculty Excellence Award in 2004, in recognition of his professional and teaching accomplishments.
Dr. Ohl’s Academic Degrees:
Bachelor of Science in Education from Slippery Rock State College
Magistri Artium from Duquesne University
Master of Science of Library Science
Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Cincinnati
Social Science Department Scholarship
First Place: $400 scholarship in MCC account credit.
Runner Up: $125 scholarship in MCC account credit.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, November 18, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
Application requirements are:
- Student must be a current MCC student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Student completed at least 12 credit hours at MCC.
- Student has a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA for classes taen at MCC..
- Student has completed or be in the process of completing at least one Economics, History, or Political Science course at MCC.
This scholarship is administered by the Social Science Department.