Contact Writing Center
Tim Florschuetz, Director
Call for Appointments
Southern & Dobson
Building: LB 11
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Mon-Thu: 8:30 am - 7 pm
Fri: 8:30 am - 3 pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Mon-Thu: 9 am - 7 pm
Closed Fri, Sat and Sun
The Mesa Community College Writing Center adheres to the college’s mission, vision, and value statements by providing academic support for written and oral communication for any class or discipline in a safe environment to advance student learning, growth, and academic success while fostering independent and critical thinking, promoting self-reflective practices, and empowering self-confidence through effective communication skills.
The Writing Center is an academic support service for all currently enrolled MCC students and employees.
The Writing Center provides one-on-one appointments to assist clients during any phase of the writing process: brainstorming, prewriting, researching, drafting, and revising.
The Writing Center can also assist currently enrolled students with resumes, college admissions applications, and scholarship applications.
Writing Center Policies:
- We are not an editing/proofreading service but a teaching and learning service.
- Appointments are thirty minutes each with an English tutor.
- If you are eight minutes late for your appointment, it may be given to another student.
- You may only sign up for one appointment at a time.
- Upon completing one appointment, you can sign up for another available appointment.
- If you fail to meet two scheduled appointments, you cannot sign up for scheduled appointments during the remainder of the semester. However, you are welcome to drop by to see if any tutor is available for a walk-in appointment.
We look forward to meeting you and assisting you with a successful academic career at Mesa.