MCC’s Council on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion supports the college mission of creating an inclusive and vibrant learning community where everyone is supported to achieve success by:
- providing strategic oversight, guidance, and accountability along with processes and resources for DEI initiatives and goals
- centralizing DEI efforts and communication with our internal and external college communities
- supporting and sustaining a system of inclusion and equity for ALL students and employees; and guiding ongoing student and professional development as related to DEI
The DEI Council is the core of the college’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion framework. The Council structure should be representative of various employee, student, and community populations and demographics.
DEI Initiatives and Goals:
- Close Opportunity Gaps in Course Success - By Fall 2023, close opportunity gaps in course success across all racial groups while increasing MCC’s overall course success rate from 74% to 80% per semester
- Recruit and Retain a Diverse Workforce - By 2025, increase the diversity of our workforce by 5%
- Foster an Inclusive and Equitable Campus Climate - In order to best understand, assess, and improve our college climate
If you would like to contact the DEI Council, please email DEI-Council@mesacc.edu.
More information about the DEI Council is available on the MCC Intranet.