What is TRIO?
Southern & Dobson Building 36N
Regular Business Hours:
Mon-Thu: 8 am – 6 pm
Fri: 10 am – 5 pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Extended Business Hours
(January and August only):
Mon-Thu: 8 am – 7 pm
Fri: 8 am – 5 pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Mon-Thu: 7 am – 6 pm
Closed Fri, Sat and Sun
TRIO is designed to identify and provide services for students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
TRiO includes eight programs targeted to assist low-income, first-generation, and students with disabilities successfully from middle school through postbaccalaureate programs.
- The eight TRIO Programs are
- Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC)
- Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement (McNair)
- Student Support Services (SSS)
- Talent Search (ETS)
- Training Program for Federal TRIO Programs Staff (TRIO Training Grant)
- Upward Bound (UB)
- Upward Bound Math-Science (UBMS)
- Veterans Upward Bound (VUB)
Are You Eligible?
Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment at MCC.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or National of the United States or meets the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance (FAFSA).
You must demonstrate academic need; and have at least ONE of the following apply to you:
- You are a first-generation college student
(neither parent nor guardian has a bachelor's degree)
- You are in financial need - See federal guidelines below
- You have a documented disability and are enrolled with the Disability Resources and Services (DRS) Office at MCC
All services are provided at no cost to accepted program participants.
- Click here for more information
Size of Family Unit 48 Contiguous States, D.D., & qualifying Jurisdictions Alaska Hawaii 1 $17,820 $22,260 $20,505 2 $24,030 $30,030 $27,645 3 $30,240 $37,800 $34,785 4 $36,450 $45,570 $41,925 5 $42,660 $53,340 $49,065 6 $48,870 $61,110 $56,205 7 $55,095 $68,880 $63,345 8 $61,335 $76,680 $70,515
For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional family member:
- $6,240 for the 48 contiguous states, D.C. and outlying jurisdictions
- $7,800 for Alaska
- $7,170 for Hawaii
The term low-income individual means an in individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150 percent of the poverty level amount.
The figures show under family income represent amounts equal to 150 percent of the family income levels.
TRIO tutors can help!
- Click here to complete the TRIO Tutor request form.
- It can take up to 48 hours to get your tutor assignment and scheduled meetings finalized.
- TRIO also offers an open tutoring lab every semester. This open lab provides an opportunity to "drop in" and get some quick help and is a good way to get consistent weekly help.