The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Fingerprint Identification and Photography is designed to prepare students for entry level positions in the field of fingerprint classification and identification. It is one pathway to the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Forensic Science.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Fingerprint Identification and Photography (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
Successful completion of the Fingerprint Identification and Photography program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
Forensic Science Technicians
Police Identification and Records Officers
Police Patrol Officers
Supervisors of Police and Detectives
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students may be required to successfully complete a College Success Course (CPD150 or CPD/AAA115) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|AJS101||Introduction to Criminal Justice||Critical course Gateway course||SB||3|
|AJS290BN||Courtroom Testimony Seminar||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Fingerprint Identification and Photography (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=134389).