The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Building Inspection helps prepare the student for a career as an inspector in various areas of the building inspection fields. The student gains the knowledge and develops skills necessary to perform as a building inspector in general building code compliance inspection or in specific areas of code compliance. It is one pathway to the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Construction Management.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Building Inspection (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
Successful completion of the Building Inspection program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Construction and Building Inspectors
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students may be required to successfully complete a College Success Course (CPD150 or CPD/AAA115) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|CON101||Construction and Culture||RC||3|
|CON244||Working Drawing Analysis: Blueprint Reading||RC||3|
|CON252||Building Construction Methods, Materials, and Equipment||RC||3|
|CON262||Introduction International Residential Code (IRC)||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Building Inspection (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=135107).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2019-2020||5/28/2019 – 5/25/2020|