Learn more about the Construction Management program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Building Inspection helps prepare the student for a career as an inspector in various areas of the building inspection fields. The student gains the knowledge and develops skills necessary to perform as a building inspector in general building code compliance inspection or in specific areas of code compliance. It is one pathway to the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Construction Management.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Building Inspection (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Manage teams as a leader by setting a direction, aligning resources and managing others.
- Effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders in a culturally responsive manner.
- Apply professional and ethical practices.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Utilize technical knowledge and skills to achieve design specifications.
- Formulate and evaluate information to effectively carry out a construction-related plan.
- Cultivate an awareness of environmental and cultural impacts at the local, community, and global level during planning and construction phases.
- Utilize technology and software to create and interpret reports, designs and their elements.
- Practice appropriate Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards in daily work activities.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Construction and Building Inspectors
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include CPD150, CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|CON101||Construction and Culture||RC||3|
|CON244||Working Drawing Analysis: Blueprint Reading||RC||3|
|CON252||Building Construction Methods, Materials, and Equipment||RC||3|
|CON262||Introduction International Residential Code (IRC)||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Building Inspection (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=135107).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2019-2020||5/28/2019 – 5/25/2020|