CCL Disc Jockey Techniques
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Disc Jockey Techniques is designed to prepare students for entry level employment as a live-performance disc jockey (DJ). This program is designed to provide the student an understanding of how businesses related to the DJ profession are organized and operated in this highly competitive and rapidly changing profession.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities and Fine Arts
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social & Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
|RC||MTC103||Introduction to Aural Perception||1|
|RC||MUC109||Music Business: Merchandising and the Law||3|
|RC||MUC135||Introduction to Disc Jockey Techniques||3|
|RC||MUC197||Live Sound Reinforcement I||3|
|RC||MKT101||Introduction to Public Relations||3|
|RC||MUC110||Music Business: Recording and Mass Media||3|
|RC||MUC136||Turntablism: The Art of the Scratch DJ||3|
|RC||MUC295AA||Self Promotion for Music||1|
|RC||MUC198||Live Sound Reinforcement II||MUC197||3|
|RC||MUC137||Digital DJ Performance Techniques||3|
|RC||MUC291AA||Disc Jockey Internship||MUC110||1|
Select from the following courses to meet the Restricted Elective requirement.
|Voice and Diction||3|
|RE||DAN115AA||Hip Hop I||1|
|RE||DAN115AB||Contemporary Dance Trends: Break Dancing||1|
|RE||DAN125AC||Social Dance: Latin||1|
|RE||MHL145||American Jazz and Popular Music||3|
|RE||MHL153||Rock Music and Culture||3|
|RE||MKT210||Applied Marketing Strategies||3|
|RE||MTC105||Music Theory I||3|
|RE||MTC106||Aural Perception I||1|
|RE||MTC191||Electronic Music I||3|
|RE||MTC192||Electronic Music II||3|
|RE||MUC111||Digital Audio Workstation I (DAW I)||3|
|RE||MUC112||Digital Audio Workstation II (DAW II)||3|
|RE||MUC130||Music Electronic Components||3|
|RE||MUC194||Introduction To Audio Mixing Techniques||3|
|RE||MUC195||Studio Music Recording I||3|
|RE||MUC196||Studio Music Recording II||3|
|RE||MUC209||Music Industry Entrepreneurship||3|
|RE||MUC295||Studio Music Recording III||3|
|RE||TCM100||Digital Multi Media||3|
|RE||TCM101||Fundamentals of Radio and TV||3|
|Introduction to Sound Design for Film and Video||3|
|RE||TCM131AA||Radio and Television Announcing||4|
|RE||TCM202||The Music Video||4|
|Advanced Sound Design for Film and Video||3|
|RE||TCM290||Professional Media Marketing||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Music Business program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Disc Jockey Techniques (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/acres.woa/wa/freeForm?id=105103).